.5.

"Unforgivable curses." The old professor grumbled writing messily on the chalkboard, Hermione gave a look of disgust.
"Ministry doesn't want me to demonstrate it....." Nora tuned him out.

He yelled something about constant vigilance, she didn't care, she was tired. She started to lay her head down when he asked Ron if he knew any.

"My dad's only told me about one, the imperious curse." Ron squeeked. Professor Moody mumbled something, and cast the curse on an ugly spider after making it grow some in size. He moved it to one of the students desks, and a couple students faces, uncluding Malfoys.

"I could make her jump out if the window... or even drown herself... alright then. Anyone know any others, how about you Longbottom" Moody spoke, eyeing Neville down. Nora saw him freeze, and she reached for his hand.

"The cruciatus curse." he mumbled. Moody had him walk up to his desk.

'Yes, the torture curse, crucio.' Moody called pointing his wand at the strange spider, it began to squeel and writhe around on the desk. Neville stood frozen, glaring at the spider. Hermione was about to speak but Nora stood up.

"Stop!" she yelled. "You are clearly bothering Neville and you're hurting that poor spider! Honestly you would think you'd have more sense then to use unforgivables infront of students." Nora continued, standing up and grabbing Neville.

"Are you okay?" She asked, he nodded.

Moody looked taken aback, he had obviously been enjoying using the torture curse.

"There is one last curse, only one known person has survived it, and he is in this very room." Moody grumbled looking straight at Harry.

"The killing curse." Hermione mumbled, eyes wide with shock.

"Yes the killing curse, how would you like to perfrom it for the class." He barked, Hermione gasped and looked away shaking her head.

He walked back towards the spider, pointed his wand, moved it in a zigzag motion like drawing a lightning boly and muttered the words 'AvadaKedavra' and the spider dropped dead.

Many other gasps of horror could be heard from around the room.

"You are mad man honestly." Nora yelled as the bell rang, she grabbed Neville and began to walk out but Moody stopped them.

"Longbottom, you stay with me, Oakwood, you can leave." Professor Moody yelled. Nora rolled her eyes and stood her ground outside of the room while Neville was inside. He walked out looking considerably happier, holding a new book. He ranted about it to her and she was excited for him. He had been given a book on water plants and stuff of that nature.

"CEDRIC DIGGORY!" Dumbledores loud voice rang out through the entire great hall. The hufflepuff table erupted with cheers as did many other tables. Nora however, was frozen to her seat. Filled with pride, but also fear, fear that he will get hurt, fear that he will lose and it will crush him. But seeing the excitement on his phase, he looked beautiful and she wasn't afraid to admit it, he was her best friend, he was like her older brother. No matter how scared she was, the immense feeling of pride filled her and she too, cheered.

The cheers slowly died out and Dumbledore began to speak again, but the goblet glowed red, and the room went silent. Another name shot out.
"Harry Potter." Dumbledore boomed. Twice. Nora was angry at him, for only a moment. How could he, he isn't even 17 how did he do it, why would he do that. But when she looked at him, and saw the fear, and confusion in his eyes, she realized, he didn't do this, he wouldn't, he's had enough life threatening adventures, surely he would want a break. His best friend Ron, looked furious.

"He didn't do it." Nora said, Blaise looked at her confused.
"I saw his face when they called out his name Blaise, he didn't do it." Nora continued, and the duscussion ended. She would talk to him about it in the morning, but as for right now, she was exhausted, so she slept.

At breakfast the next morning, Ron wasn't talking to Harry, which is absolutely strange, surely he knows his best friend better than that. So Nora walked over to their table and sat beside Harry.
"I know you didn't do it, I saw your face, I know you wouldn't." She said, Harry simply nodded and continued all of breakfast without touching his food.

     Nora was angry at Ron, but she couldn't tell him that, so she ignored the increasing gut feeling to curse him, grabbed Neville, and dragged him all the way over to Cedric.

    "How do you feel Cedric." Neville asked sitting down a seat away so Nora could sit in between them, and she did.

     "Oh come on Nev obviously he's ecstatic I mean look at his eyes." Nora responded. Cedric just laughed and hugged her kissing her forehead.

     "Oh! Are you two..?" Neville started. Nora cut him off laughing shaking her head no.

     "Don't worry man, I won't steal her from you." Cedric laughed, Neville nearly choked and Nora blushed, hard.

     "Hi Cedric, I just wanted to tell you I-"
Harry started, Cedric cut him off.
      "It's alright Harry, I know." He responded. And the weeks until the first task drew on, miserably, and they were all so ready.

    "DRAGONS!!" Neville and Nora exclaimed at the same time, before being shushed by Ron who had just told them what the first task was seeing as his brother, Charlie, is in town helping handle them.

    "They're both gonna die." Nora sighed, throwing herself onto the table with a groan.