.13.

HI loves! So sorry for the long wait on this chapter, I recently started school up again and got a job(Go me lol) And also recently came down with COVID but I'm doing okay! Taking my time sick at home to update this book, and the other two I'm writing (not to be published on wattpad;) ) but yeah! Here's this one, I hope you all enjoy!

"I tried to tell you Hannah, you should've stayed at the greenhouse." Neville sighed, tending to the plants Hannah Abbott had brought to to the library for him.
   "I know, I'm sorry Nev, I thought she'd know I was joking. I swear I'll talk to her today and explain." She said flipping through and checking his essay for potions.
   "No Hannah, she's hurt. I will explain it to her after a while." He responded. Neville and Hannah had become close friends after being paired up in herbology earlier that year. They built a sort of system, Hannah helps him with his potions work and Neville saves the plants that she is so horrible at keeping alive. They sat in silence for a few minutes before the sound of a book hitting the table snapped them both out of their own little worlds. Standing at the head of the table was Blaise who did not look the slightest bit happy.

   "Look Neville. I understand wanting to hang out with your little girlfriend, but do it somewhere where Nora won't find you because she's on her way here right now and the last thing she needs is to see the guy she's been in love with since second year being all gross with the girl who he replaced her with." Blaise half whispered, half yelled before storming off again.
   "Nev, I-" Hannah started, Neville shook his head and snatched up his paper. "Only Nora calls me Nev, I have to go." He snapped before storming out of the library fighting back tears of guilt and frustration.

   "Watch where your going Nev." Nora said narrowly avoiding him."
   "I'm sorry." He said making himself smaller in her prescence.

   "I was actually hoping to run into you, I think we should talk about last week." She said trying to figure out why he looked so scared to be around her.

   "Okay yeah, meet me by the greenhouses tonight. I really am sorry about almost bumping into you, and about last week." He responded, she hugged him before walking away. He couldn't tell if it was because of the tears that managed to fall or if she had forgiven him. But either way, she hugged him. That was a start.

   He made his way towards the common room and then up the stairs towards his dorm before his path was blocked by two red headed twins.

   "Neville." They said in unison, before letting him pass. He could feel their anger radiating through the stairway as he passed. And then Harry and Ron stopped him, saying his name in the same tone of voice, with just as much anger. And then seamus and Dean, once again same tone of voice and same amount of anger radiating off of them.

   "Alright guys enough." Neville yelled at the six boys who had gathered behind him. "Can you all come into the dorm so I can explain. Please." He finished storming through the door and sitting down as everyone including the twins ushered in.

   "So you think you have a good explanation for not only standing her up but bringing ANOTHER GIRL to the date? You're lucky I don't beat your ass Longbottom." Fred Weasley huffed plopping down onto Rons bed.
   "Yeah, okay Fred. I know that's what it looked like but please listen to me and hear me out." Neville sighed rubbing his forehead in frustration.

   And so he explained, and made a huge mistake of asking the boys for help on making it up to Nora. There were mentions of fireworks which was obviously going to be brought up with the Weasley twins being in the room. Mentions of performing with the frog choir and serenading her infront of the entire school, which Neville knew would embarass her more than anything. And then finally a good idea sprang into his head, after hours of sitting and brainstorming he had the perfect way to make it up to her, and he had the boys help him set up. They raced down to the greenhouses and checked to make sure she had not yet gone to meet him, and set up the blankets, the decorations, the flowers, the pillows, all of it. It was the most romantic set up he had ever made and when he was proud of the way it looked he sent the rest of the boys on their way.

   After a few minutes he heard footsteps approaching his little set up and he turned to face away holding a single daisy in his hands.
   "Um, Nev?" He heard her say, and in his attempt to turn around and pose he fell and landed on his face, a crack was heard and then a numbing pain engulfed his right ankle. Nora gasped and ran to him, helping him up and trying to conceal her laughter as he shifted around.
   "Let me see." She demanded, and he moved so she could see his ankle. "Yeah, you broke it, come on, lets go." She sighed, no longer able to hold in her laughter, and as she tried to help him up he put all of his wait on his already broken ankle and fell to the ground again letting out a yelp of pain.
   "Seriously Neville." She laughed, "I'll be right back, try not to break anything else." She laughed again before walking away. He felt as though the evening could not have gone any worse but to hear her laugh, even though she had been laughing at him, was good enough to numb the pain for a while. After a few minutes she came back with Madam Pomfrey close behind her.
   "Oh now Neville, what happened?" Madam Pomfrey sighed looking at his ankle and then helping him up making sure he didn't hurt himself anymore.
   "I tried to be romantic." He sighed which made Nora burst out laughing so hard she almost fell. "Shut up Nora." Neville sighed, blushing and hiding a smile.
   "This is what you get." Nora sighed grabbing onto one of Nevilles arms helping Madam Pomfrey half carry him towards the hospital wing.

   "So, story time." Nora said plopping down into the chair by Neville's bed which he had been instructed to rest in for a while.
   " I wasn't taking her on that picnic. She was helping me to calm my nerves. She insisted on walking with me to ensure that I didn't chicken out or freak out when I got there and embarass myself." Neville rushed looking at Nora.
   "That doesn't explain why you were holding her hand." Nora said.
   "She grabbed my hand to try to get me to focus on breathing, Nor, I was nervous." He said sounding increasingly anxious.

   "I know, she told me everything when I went into the library, and unless the story was rehearsed you're telling the truth so I believe you. But I'm still mad and you owe me." Nora said standing up and slapping his broken ankle before skipping out of the hospital wing.

   Neville was left groaning in pain but so extremely glad that him and Nora had finally made up.