.7.

"Nora, hey the tournaments about to start lets head down!" Blaise called from across the Great Hall which was loud and  bursting with the excitment of many other students, so loud Nora almost didn't hear Blaise.

"Hold on B! I need to grab my scarf." Nora called back to him rushing over and hugging him, she went to tell him how scared she was, but he just whispered soothing words into her hair.

  "I know Nor, he'll be okay, they both will, they ALL will." Blaise whispered kissing the top of her head, keep his arm around her, they walked together down to what used to be the quidditch pitch. It was now completely covered in rocks and the stands were full of students and the Weasley twins selling their newest inventions. A few 'Potter Sucks' badges flashed at Nora as she walked and a distant roar sounded in the background that made her shudder, or maybe that was the cold. Blaise pulled her closer as if he would freeze to death if they weren't practically on  top of each other but, Blaise was always strangely warm so she didn't mind the close contact.

"You two, always on top of each other, come on Blaise her fathers a filthy muggle, you could do better man!" they heard Draco call from behind them, Blaise simply grabbed her hand and continued walking.

   "Why do you let them mess with you like that? It's like they won't just let you live." Blaise huffed putting his arm back around Nora's shoulder, she just shrugged in response. She didn't know why, and it did bother her, but why let some empty threats and pointless taunts ruin a good time? Besides, Nora had much bigger things to worry aout, the dragon her best friend would be fighting, for example.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

   And it started. Fleur, the beautiful french girl, won almost without a scratch, Krum got points taken off for injuring his dragon, and then it was time for Cedric. Nora heard Blaise inhale as Cedric stepped out. He looked as heroic, brave, and handsome as ever. Smiling bright, you could still see the anxiety in his eyes as the dragon made herself known.

   "It's like quidditch, the egg is the snitch, the dragon is the bludger, and the other eggs, ignore them." Nora remembered telling Cedric after Harry told him about the dragons. Oh how she wished she could be sitting at a table laughing with her friends right now.

"You know, McGonagall, this competition really does drag on don't you think?" Nora heard Fred say, followed by a threat to ban him from the rest of the tournament. And then he took hs first hit. A swift knock to the face after being knocked over by the tail of the dragon. He looked to be in pain but pushed through. Pulling out his wand he sent nothing more then something to distract the dragon and took off running towards thr golden egg, dodging bursts of fire and nearly falling into a pit multple times he reached the nest of eggs. And as he did, the dragon he was fighting caught sight of him, Nora wanted so bad to yell out and tell him what to do but she knew he wouldn't be able to hear her over the sound of the other screaming students.

   "I can't take this anymore." Nora groaned burrying her face into the crook of Blaise's shoulder wrapping around him. He pulled her closer and traced circles on her back, it always calmed her instantly, her mom used to do that. She still hasn't told him what that simple act means to her. And as she relaxed into him finally calming down, everyone erupted into cheers. Loud eardrum bursting cheers and she stood up and saw edric, smiling proudly holding the egg before being ushered off into the hospital tent. Harry stepped out now, and you could tell he was anxious, but his dragon was nowhere to be seen. He started off, no one could believe his luck, he just walked, b ut then a giant tail covered in spikes came down and knocked him back so hard Nora and Blaise physically cringed.

"Your wand, Harry!" Hermione could be heard yelling. Harry pulled out his wand and pointed towards the sky, he uttered something she could not hear, but after a few moments of silence, other than the giant dragon thrashing around in the sky, his broom flew through the sky and Nora threw her head into her hands and sighed.
   "Why didn't I think of that. Bloody Hermione always so good at everything." she grumbled, Blaise simply laughed at this and squeezed her arm. Harry flew around for a second, apparently also thinking of this as a quidditch match, and attempted to distract the dragon by flying in the opposite direction, then going straight for the egg, he failed.

   He took off outside of the arena and darted off towards the school, then everyone went silent. Nora once again sunk into Blaise and he continued tracing circles up and down her back. She just focused on this moment, and her breathing, and how lucky she was to have Blaise as a bestfriend. Trying her hardest to push all of the 'what ifs' out of her mind, it worked for a while, the whispers died out and now the warm soft breaths came easier, she was tired, and Blaise was warm, and it was quiet now, and she was asleep. Well, almost asleep. That point inbetween being asleep and being awake when you are still so very aware of your surroundings but are relaxed as if you were asleep. It was a short moment of complete bliss, before Harry came back swooping in on his broom, grabbing the golden egg and landing shakily down onto the rocks, he was immediately ushered into hospital tent. Blaise and Nora got up and ran accomponied by Hermione, Ron and Cedrics gang of Hufflepuffs to the tent, and much to Madam Pomfreys disapproval, burst in, Nora ran first into Cedrics arms, and then to Harry.

   "Oh I am so glad you're both okay, you scared me so bad. I love you both so much." Nora rushed. She was sure the Gryffindors would have a party that night, but her and Blaise already planned to sneak in to the kitchens and have a game night in his dorm. He promised Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle would leave her alone, or he would "Beat them to a pulp, because using your bare hands is far more fun then some weird magic stick."