.12.

"Luna, may I borrow a dress for a few hours today?" Nora asked Luna as she walked alongside her and Ginny.

   "Oh of course, I'll be right back." Luna half whispered as she nodded off towards the Ravenclaw dorms. It was finally Friday, which meant Nora and Neville were going on their first official date together as, well just slightly more than friends. She had been hoping, since he made the plans, that Neville would make things official that day. Yet everytime she went to talk to him, he seemed passive, forgetful, uninterested even. She didn't like the feeling growing low in her stomach, telling her not to go to the lake, not to even bother leaving her dorm room, but she pushed that feeling down further and forced herself out the door.

   "You alright Nor?" Ginny asked looking rather worried.

   "Just nervous." She sighed, swallowing down the lump in the back of her throat. After a few short moments, Luna arrived with a gorgeous, sage green dress with a few daisies spotted here and there. A little more of the worry left her as she put on the dress. A perfect fit. Picking at her fingers slightly, she stepped out of the dorm bathroom and looked at her two friends anxiously.

   "You look amazing love." Luna said dreamily, looking Nora up and down.

   "Yeah, smoking hot Nora." Ginny added, earning herself a flick on the arm.

   "Do you think he'll do it?" Nora asked, and the two girls nodded their heads feverently, rushing Nora out the door.

   The walk to the lake was lonely and quiet, all she could think of were the horrible 'what ifs' that followed her everywhere. When she reached the lake, where the picnic would be, nothing. He wasn't there. She tried to tell herself he was probably still getting ready or caught up talking to one of the Professors. But another hour passed, and still he wasn't there. She was really starting to worry now. Maybe he's sleeping? Or hurt, or maybe she just got stood up by her best friend in the entire world. No, he wouldn't do that, right?

   Three more hours had passed and the sun was beginning to set, and then she saw him walking, closely, talking to Hannah Abbott, a blonde girl from Hufflepuff, as they neared closer Neville looked to be reaching for her hand, before looking up at Nora, his face dropped, and so did her stomach. A basket, he was carrying a basket. The supplies for the picnic that she and Neville were supposed to have.

   "Oh! Hello Nora, Neville and I were just going to have a picnic, you can join us if you'd like." Hannah said sweetly, but the lump was back in Nora's throat and tears were forming in her eyes.
   "No thanks." Nora whispered, walking quickly away as the tears began to fall, hiding her face. She coud hear the concern in Hannah's voice as she spoke to Neville after that, and a hushed "She really believed it." and though she felt like she should stay for an explanation from him, she kept walking towards the castle, pushing past many confused first years and rushing past her dad, Cedric, and Blaise in the hall running straight to her dorm.

   "Well well, if it isn't-" Pansy started.
   "Please save the bitchiness for the morning Parkinson, I'm not in the mood." Nora responded, cutting Pansy off and throwing herself on to the bed.

   She didn't go to breakfast that morning, ignored every worried letter that was delivered by a very annoyed Pansy from Nora's very concerned friends. And at lunch she sat alone ignoring everyone except her dad, who had been filled in by Pansy who, against her own free will, heard the whole story while Nora tried to make sense of it all throughout the night.

   "Nora please." Neville said going to sit by her, before Adam stood up blocking the way.

   "Not today kid. Your Gran would be so disappointed if she found out." He said, sending Neville to sit by himself. Nora felt bad, but she was hurt. He stood her up and then gave the date away to some other girl. Did he not understand why it hurt her so much? Surely he would. But as the day went by, he seemed more confused than ever and it became clear to her. He had absolutely no idea what he had done wrong, which only made her hurt worse. As she got up to leave the Great Hall, he followed her as quickly as he could before grabbing her shoulder and turning her around.

   "You asked me out on a date as a joke. You brought another girl on the date you promised me, so yeah I'm fucking pissed, and no. I don't want an explanation, Longbottom. Now if you wouldn't mind, I have plans with a pint of ice cream, a sad book, and my bed. Goodbye." Nora spoke, and though you could hear the hurt in her voice, the anger in her eyes was so intense Neville had no choice but to back down. He heard her silent sobs as she shoved past him and rushed towards her dorm.

   "You've really fucked up this time." Ginny said, standing behind him.

   "Yeah, you're just an evil plant man." Luna said, giving him such an intense death glare that even Ginny was a little frightened by.