.9.

Nora, Hermione and Ginny  collectively agreed to get ready for the ball together, until Hermione decided she wanted to be alone to prepare. Nora finally got over Neville asking Ginny to the ball, and decided that her and Blaise would be the best looking pair at the ball.
   "So you went with the red?" Ginny asked, as Nora entered the room nervously in her bright red ballgown with elegant lace detailing across the top, it went off the shoulders and truly made Nora look like a princess.

   "Yeah, it was my moms apparently. According to my dad, she wanted to break the rules and wore this to their wedding." Nora responded, she had paired the dress with the jewlery she had gotten from her mom, some black glittery heels that she would probably take off before the night ended, and a gold ring that wrapped around her finger like a snake. Half of her hair tied back into an elegant small bun, with the rest curled beautifully and draped over her shoulders.

   "Well? Do I look good?" Ginny asked gesturing towards her dress and hair. Nora smiled and nodded, she really did, the bright colors on her dress complimented her skin. Ginny let out a sigh of relief before looking in the mirror one last time.

   "I think the boys are waiting." Nora sighed, eyeing herself nervously in the mirror before turning around, linking arms with Ginny.

   As they walked down to the Gryffindor common room they heard Blaise and Neville talking timidly to each other.
   "You piss me off Nev." Blaise scolded, Neville laughed nervously before turning his head. His jaw dropped at the sight of Nora and Ginny, though Ginny thought it was just at her, and Nora did as well.

   "Nor, you look, wow." Blaise choked.
   "As do you Blaise, shall we get going?" Nora responded, ignoring Neville and linking arms with Blaise.
   "We shall."

   The pair walked off together, Nora turning heads everywhere she walked, Draco and Pansy even look completely enchanted. They met up with Ron and Harry outside of the Great Hall, and stood making awkward conversation with the people around them, before a certain Hufflepuff decided to scare Nora.

   "Oh Merlins Beard Cedric! You can't do that! I nearly fainted you dimwitted brat." Nora yelled as Cedric and Blaise tried to hide their laughter. Cho Chang, Cedrics date looked awkwardly at the three joking around.

   "You look absolutely gorgeous Nora." Cedric laughed kissing her on the head.
   "Yes well keep ignoring your date and I will gladly steal her from you Ced." Nora laughed before turning and winking at Cho, who began to blush furiously and looked away with a small smile. Cedric and Blaise joked around some more, everyone went silent as the doors opened and Hermione stepped out in a beautiful baby blue ruffled dress, with her hair slicked into a beautiful elegant bun, she walked so gracefully down the stairs with the most beautiful smile on her face before taking none other than Viktor Krums hand and walking over to Nora.

   "Mione! You look absolutely, wow!" Nora yelled hugging her friend. They laughed together for a few minutes and Hermione could not have looked anymore gorgeous. Neville and Ginny joined the group a they sat joking together. Ron eyeing Hermione with  a hint of jealosy in his eyes, and the doors to the great hall opened. Fred and George threatened to steal Nora away and dance with her if Blaise didn't put a smile on his face, yet stole her away anyways. George slow dancing with her before passing her off back to Blaise.

   "You know, you are a horrible dancer Blaise." Nora laughed, Blaise obviously wasn't trying to dance but she was still enjoying her time with him. He kept glancing over her shoulder and trying to catch her attention. Eventually they danced their way over to Neville and Ginny who looked to be having an amazing time as well.

   "You look amazing Nor, I love you." Neville said as the songs slowed and grew quiter.

   "Not the way I love you." Nora muttered before slapping her hand over her mouth and running outside into the courtyard. She began rapidly breathing and looked for a bench outside to sit down on as it snowed. It really was a sight to see, it was gorgeous, it would have been better with Neville. Meanwhile back inside Neville was very very confused.

   "what did she even mean by that?" Neville asked looking at Ginny and Blaise.

   "If you really don't know, you are an idiot Neville." Blaise and Ginny said at the same time, Neville was still confused and decided he needed to get fresh air.

   Nora saw him walk outside and tried to dry her tears a bit before he sat down next to her.
   "What did you mean I don't love you the way you love me." He asked her, eyeing her closely. She let out a deep breath and looked at him squinting her eyes slightly.

   "I meant I don't love you in a friend way. I am completely head over heels for you. It feels like you wrapped a string around my heart or craved your name into it. And before you ask this isn't some stupid prank. I love you in 'spend the rest of our lives together way' in a 'take care of each other when we're sick' kind of way. In a ' I would do absoluteky anything for you' kind of way. And I know you don't feel the same way about me and it has been killing me seeing you dance with Gin all night and wishing that it had been me and just wanted to walk right over and ju-" She began before being cut off by Nevilles warm, soft lips being pressed against hers. His hands starting on either side of her face before one made its way to her lower back pulling her closer into him as her hand slowly pressed against his chest and trailed up into his hair pulling him closer. They melted into each other. The kiss wasn't just an "I love you too" kiss it was an "I need you now" kiss, it was like they needed each other to breathe and yet they came up gasping for air.

   "I love you too." Neville whispered, before kissing her once more, very softly on the lips. They blushed at each other for a moment before a few very lou cheers came from across the courtyard. They looked up to see all of their friends standing there, staring at them and cheering them on.

   "Well don't let us stop you!" Ginny yelled out, laughing at her two friends completely red in the face, struggling to catch their breath.

   "Wait until my gran finds out." Neville said with a cheeky grin, standing up and pulling Nora inside to dance.