Part 5 Push

I follow him down the winding path. What I see at the end makes me gasp.
"Its beautiful." I look over the small body of water that reflects the moon in its surface. This little piece of the ocean is surrounded by land in all but one area straight ahead of us.

"Yeah I come here to help me think. Mostly thinking of songs to write lyrics, things like that." He smiles. I follow him out onto a little dock. He slips off his shoes and let's his feet dangle into the water. I do the same.

"Wow the water is really warm." I watch the waves ripple over the moon's reflection. I look back at Awsten but he's looking at me. "What are you thinking about?" I smirk.

"Nothing in particular. What about you?" Not his usual witty comeback I wonder what he was actually thinking about.

"I'm not sure either. I guess just that your right eye reminds me of the moon." He laughs.

"I've never heard that one before." He wasn't being sarcastic either, "you're interesting Daphne a little weird maybe but interesting."

"Weird huh? Maybe I should make you pay for that one."

"Oh yeah what're you gonna do?" He teases me. I shove him hard in the shoulder. He makes a splash as he goes into the water. He comes back up and soaks me in a splash.

"Hey we're even!" I laugh.

"Not yet! You better get in here!"

"But my clothes!" I protest.

"They're already soaked might as well have fun." He takes my hands and pulls me into the water with him. My feet still touch the bottom here so the water only comes up to my collar bones. The water only raises to Awsten's chest. Our hands stay connected for a moment but he lets go so we can swim out deeper. I already feel the absence of his touch. My skin tingles where we had made contact but I shake the thought out of my head. I've only known this boy for two weeks. I try not to think of the possibility of snakes and the other animals that could be swimming around me right now.

Awsten swims out until the water comes to just below his neck. So for me I'm on my tip toes. Most of the ground beneath us is sand but there's a few rocks. I find one and stand on it. It raises me a little so the water isn't so high. "I'm glad you don't hate me anymore." Awsten laughs.

"I'm still sorry about that."

"I know it's okay I mean if I had seen me I probably would've thought the same."

I moved closer to him without thinking about it. My foot slipped off the slippery rock I was standing on. Awsten caught me before I could go all the way under. He was holding me up by my waist. His hands were directly on my skin, my shirt had floated up in the water. My skin felt like it was burning under his touch but it felt good. I look up to see his pale eyes are only a few centimeters away, his lips even closer. My breath hitched as I realized how close we are.

"Daphne are you okay?" Awsten pulls away from me keeping his hands on my waist.

"Yeah, thanks. Leave it to the klutz to fall in water." I laugh and he joins me.

"I'll have to keep a better eye on you but we should probably start drying off its getting late."

We pull ourselves back up onto the dock. Awsten immediately strips out of his wet shirt. I find myself staring at his chest and torso. They're both so smooth looking slightly sculpted not as much as his arms though. He lays back with his arms behind his head. Then he looks over at me, "oh I'm sorry I don't mean to make you uncomfortable. I just wanted to dry off faster I'll leave my pants on if that helps." He chuckles.

"Oh no you're fine." I take off my soaked top as well and lay it behind me. I thank God for the tank top I was wearing underneath. Awsten eyes me but looks back up at the sky. I lay down as well. "There is not a cloud in the sky." I practically whisper. The silence is so comfortable I was scared to break it.

Awsten laughs, "don't speak too soon." He points to dark gray clouds coming in. "Guess it doesn't really matter if we get rained on anyways."

We beat the rain by a mile. It didn't start raining until I pulled into my driveway. I walk in my front door, I'm greeted by mom sitting on the couch. "And where have you been?" She has her arms crossed. But I'm not nervous she'd not really mad just concerned.

"Had a new band come into the bowling alley tonight had some extra... Work to do." I smirk.

"Oh anyone I know?"

"Doubt it. I'm going to bed, goodnight."

"Okay goodnight sweetie."

I walk down the hallway to my bedroom. Band posters already litter my wall so I thought what was one more. I take the poster of Waterparks out of my purse and tape it on an empty space. I had grabbed it from the extras pile before we left. I laugh at my little joke now hanging on my wall and go brush my teeth.