Part 16 Otto's

We walk right in and Geoff announces our arrival. The place is very small but cozy. "Does he live here alone?" I ask.

"Yep, hey Otto." Geoff says as we walk in.

"What's up?" Otto asks turning around to face us from his spot on the couch.

"Well our plan back fired so we wanted to chill for a bit before we take Daphne back." Geoff explains.

"How did our plan backfire?" Otto asks. "Awsten is 100% smitten with you." He says pointing at me.

I sigh and follow Geoff and Bri to take a seat. I sit in a chair across from everyone else. "There was another girl."

"What who?" Otto asks.

"Stephanie Grubb."

"Pft he hates her!" Geoff says.

"I know." I say. Him and I had made fun of her and her friends several times. Well before he started ignoring me. "Do you think he was seeing her before we broke up?" I ask trying not to let the tears spill over again.

"Absolutely not. Awsten would never cheat especially not on you." Otto says.

"Damn if he spoke so highly of me to you guys why couldn't he call or even text me?" I ask. I look around the room for an answer but no one responds. "Exactly it doesn't make any sense."

"If it helps we really were busy making music." Otto says.

"Yeah sometimes I had a hard time keeping up with Bri." Geoff says smiling at her.

"It's true, maybe Awsten just knew he messed up and didn't want to make it worse." Bri suggests.

"Ugh I wish he would've just come and talked to me because now he's with someone else!" I throw my hands in the air. Just then Geoff's phone started ringing. 

''Whats up?'' He answers. There's talking on the other end, ''he is? I'll come get him but I'm bringing back up. Don't tell him.'' He nods and hangs up the phone. ''That was Travis Awsten is at his house.'' 

''What why?'' I ask. 

''Apparently after you left Stephanie and him got in a big fight, he won't say what about. He then proceeded to throw her out and get seriously drunk. He must've made his way to Travis' so his parents didn't see him.'' Geoff explains. 

''What're we supposed to do? He's fine there isn't he?'' I ask still mad at him.

''Yeah until Travis' roommate gets back.'' Otto says. 

''Why?'' Bri asks. 

''Let's just say Awsten did something to him when we were younger and he never forgave him.'' Otto says. 

''Why doesn't Travis just move out then. The must be a real asshole to pick a fight with Awsten.'' I say.

''Its his cousin, and he can't afford his own place.'' Geoff says. ''But we need to go before he gets back.'' We tell Otto bye and follow Geoff back out to the car. 

We drive for about twenty minutes, I honestly lost track of time looking out of the window. When we pulled up to an apartment building I looked at Bri in the passenger seat, ''I think I'll just stay in here.'' I don't move to unbuckle myself. 

''Um no we'll need all the help we can get especially if we have to carry him.'' She laughs, her and Geoff get out of the car. With a sigh I get out and follow them up the steps of the second story apartment. Geoff knocks on the door and Travis answers. 

''Thank goodness, you've gotta get him out of here before Josh shows up. He could be here any minute.'' Travis ushers us inside. We've all hung out a few times so this isn't our first meeting but this is my first time seeing his apartment. I can see papers stacked up on the kitchen counters and clothes strung all over the place. Travis rushes around attempting to pick things up a little. Most of the clothes that are laying out look way to big to be his, I'm guessing they're Josh's. ''Um he's in my bedroom.'' Geoff nods and we follow him down the hall. 

''I'll go in first.'' He says and we wait outside the door. I stay out of sight but Bri stands in the now open doorway. ''Hey I'm gonna take you back to mine and Bri's place is that alright?'' 

''Ugh just go away I don't want to see anyone.'' Awsten groans. 

''Daphne's here too.'' 

I hear a pause then Awsten speaks, ''she hates me doesn't she? It's all my fault.'' His voice cracks at the end. My hand flies up to my mouth so I don't let out the cry that was forming in my throat. He sounds so... broken. 

''No, no of course not. She doesn't hate you she came to take you back with us.'' Geoff explains.

''I don't deserve her. I never did, even after she saw me with Stephanie she still came for me. That's probably why she broke up with me in the first place. She realized what a worthless piece of-'' 

I could take it anymore, I turned the corner pushing past Bri. I spotted him on the bed and immediately grasped him in a hug. ''No Awsten you're amazing, please don't say those things.'' I breathe him in missing his smell. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me closer to him. 

''God I'm so so s-sorry.'' he slurs his s's. 

''It's okay, we can talk about this later but we need to go.'' I pull away from him once he nods into my shoulder. I hold his hand ready to catch him if he stumbles. ''Thank you for calling us.'' I say to Travis. 

''No problem.'' He smiles and waves bye. I turn the handle on the door and slam into a wall. Okay it wasn't really a wall it just felt like it. 

''What the hell?'' I say and try to support Awsten as he almost fell from me running into the guy. I look up and immediately recognize him. 

The man grins, ''Long time no see Daphne.'' The blond boy grins at me. Josh has put on a lot of muscle since he was a life guard at the public pool. I remember what happened now. Awsten had pulled down his pants when we were freshman for... me. Shit. I glance at Awsten then back at Josh. 

''Um we were just going excuse me.'' I try to move past him but he doesn't budge. 

''Who's we?'' He actually takes a look at Awsten and grimaces. ''Whats wrong can the pop star not speak for himself?'' 

''I can and I will.'' Awsten says looking up at him. His eyes still couldn't seem to focus so I grasp his arm trying my best to hold him back. 

''Just let us through Josh, we'll get out of your hair.'' Geoff tries to reason. 

Josh ignores him, ''Are you dating this loser?'' he jabs his finger at Awsten while glancing at my hands that are firmly locked around his arms. 

''Yes well, no.'' I glance at Awsten but he was going to be no help he was glaring at Josh. ''Doesn't matter I need to take him home. so please move.'' 

''Or you could stay, you and I could have a little fun.'' Josh slips his hand under my chin and tilts it towards him. 

''Hey get your hands off her.'' Awsten tore away from my hands and slapped Josh's away from my face. ''Shes mine.'' 

''Maybe you should let the lady speak for herself.'' Josh says through gritted teeth. 

They both look at me, ''We're leaving.'' I say. 

''How about this I don't beat your boyfriend into a pulp if you stay with me.'' Josh offers. 

''Hell no! She is not staying with you!'' Awsten grabs onto my hand and shoves Josh out of the way. He pulls me all the way down the steps and into the car. Geoff and Bri rush inside and quickly start the car. They tear out of the parking lot just as Josh reaches the spot where the car was parked. ''Are you okay?'' 

''I uh think so, are you?'' I ask him. 

''For right now yes. But that asshole is going to get it eventually.'' he mumbles looking tired. 

''I think he paid for it years ago, just go to sleep.'' He nods and lays down across the seat. He rests his head in my lap and I run my fingers through his hair.