Part 9 Dallas

It's ten in the morning I shut off my alarm and start my morning routine. I was in the middle of brushing my teeth when the phone rang. It's Awsten I spit out the foam and answer it. "Hello?"

"Hey did I wake you up?"

"Not at all, what's up?"

"I uh- will you just come out front?" I run to my window practically tripping over the beanbag in the middle of my floor.

"Shit." I look out the window and he's standing next to his car parked in my driveway.

"You okay?"

"Oh uh yeah be out in a sec." I hang up and run to the mirror. I rinse my mouth and brush my hair. I'm still in my PJs ugh. I slide on a pair of jean shorts and a tank top. I run out of my room and see my mom looking out of the window.

"Who's that boy Daphne?"

"Friend of mine we have english together." I wave her off and go out the door.

He smiles when he sees me and meets me halfway into the yard. He looked like he was going to hug me but stopped when he glanced at the window. I look back and see my mom. "Ugh sorry about her just ignore her."

"She's fine," he laughs, "I mean if I saw my daughter with a guy I'd probably do the same, but here." He hands me two lanyards with little VIP symbols on them. "these will get you and Bri backstage tonight after the concert."

"Thank you so much. How did you find my house?" I pull him into a hug because I know they're limited.
He squeezes me back and we release each other.

"I texted Bri. Are you going to drive back tonight?"

"Probably not I'll find a hotel somewhere for us to crash."

"You could stay in our hotel, we won't be traveling until tomorrow." Awsten offers.

"That would actually be great, I'll pay you back no worries."

"No need for that, I'm really glad you guys are coming."

"Me too." We smile at each other.

He was turning to leave when my mother shouts out the front door, "she's single you know!"

"Mom!" I yell at her I was turning to apologize to Awsten but he's laughing.

"I know!" He replies and winks at me.

I laugh and punch him in his arm, "go before you're late."

"Yes ma'am see you tonight." He smiles and leaves.

I walk back into the house. "Seriously mom?"

"What he seemed really sweet and he's cute. What did he give you?"

"VIP passes to their concert tonight in Dallas, the one Bri and I are going to."

"That's his band? That's cool well just be safe okay?"

"You know I will, I won't drive back tonight. We're going to stay in a hotel with the band."

"Perks of being friends with famous people huh?"

"Yeah I guess." I laugh and go back to my room. I pack up a small suitcase of clothes and throw the passes in my purse. It's almost 12 now so I text Bri and let her know I'm on my way. "I'm leaving mom!"

She walks into the living room and hugs me bye. "Love you."

"Love you too." I walk out the door and hop in the Jeep

I pull up to her house and knock on the door. Bri's mom answers it, "hey Daphne come on in." I follow her inside and she calls for Bri. She comes out of her room with a suitcase a little larger than mine.