Part 11 Sleep

I walk back into the hotel and crash onto the bed. My mind is still whirling about Awsten and him kissing me. "I guess that's settled then you get the bed and I get the couch." Awsten announces. I sit up and see him grabbing a pillow and moving to the couch.

"Does it fold out at least?" Most hotel couches did I thought.

He looks for a way to pull it out but it doesn't move, "guess not that's alright, I'll be sleeping in a bunk here soon anyways."

"A bunk?" I ask.

"Tour bus, we get bunk beds. Pretty cool actually."

"Yeah that is." I lay back down for a moment then remember I need to brush my teeth so I go to the bathroom and get ready for bed. I was brushing my teeth thinking about the kiss again. I mean are we supposed to talk about it? What does it mean, are we are dating now? No then he wouldn't be sleeping on the couch would he? I still feel bad about that I mean I planned on getting my own hotel but he was so nice to let us stay with them and now I'm taking his bed. Ugh how rude.

I rinse out my mouth and slip into my PJs which is just a too large shirt and some loose shorts that my mom would kill me in if I wore them in public. I walk out of the bathroom and Awsten's waiting outside the door. He's holding clothes looking down at his feet. He looks up when he sees the light pour out of the bathroom into the hallway. "I was just going to take a shower." He holds up his clothes.

"Oh you should've said something sorry I took so long." I rush out of the doorway so he can go in.

"No worries. Goodnight Daphne."

"Goodnight." He closes the door behind him. I shut off all the lights and climb into bed. A few minutes later I still don't feel tired. I hear the shower shut off and Awsten walks out of the bathroom. He passes the bed and heads over to the couch he didn't see that I'm still awake.

I wait until his breathing is steady till I get out of bed. I quietly slide open the glass door and step out onto the balcony. The city glows with lights pouring from almost every window. Guess the city never does sleep. I can hardly see any stars in the cloudy sky but it's still beautiful. "Can't sleep?" I hear Awsten close the door behind him. Damn he's always so quiet.

"Yeah sorry if I woke you."

"You didn't I can't sleep either." He stands next to me leaning on the rail. Our arms rest against each other. I can feel the electricity between us again but I push the thought away. "What's on your mind?" He asks without looking at me.

"Earlier tonight I guess." I shrug to make it seem like it wasn't a big deal even though my world felt like it had collapsed in on itself.

"Me too." We sit in silence for a moment.

"So what do we do now?" I ask and look at him out of the corner of my eye.

His lips pull up into a smile, "we could always do that again." He suggests and turns to me. I face him as well.

He gently slides his hand under my jaw and strokes my cheek with his thumb. "Daphne, I've never felt this way about anyone before." He practically whispers.

"Me either." I whisper back.

Our lips meet in a rush. The connection just as strong as earlier. His breath minty now is sweet in my mouth. My hands find their way to his hair and entangle themselves. His hand slips down from my face to my waist pulling me closer to him. Our bodies push up against each other and I soak in his warmth. We pull apart for breath. I grab his hand and lead him back inside. I pull him into the bed with me. We curl up onto our sides facing each other. I gaze at his face memorizing every detail.

I thought it was going to hurt to have him leave before I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it now. His eyes start to flutter close so I flip over and move myself so I'm in his arms. His body wraps around mine and I breath him in. I fall asleep listening to his heartbeat.