Part 15 College

I decided to major in psychology. I set up my classes for my first semester in my first two weeks there. I think I'm making the right decision. I meet up with Bri all the time she's dating Geoff and has been for a while now. I'm supposed to meet up with her for lunch today actually. I walk over to the small coffee shop that's just off campus. I smile when I see Bri sitting in the window seat, my smile fades a little when I see Geoff sitting next to her. I haven't talked to any of the guys in a few months. Bri doesn't really bring Geoff around for my sake. ''Hey guys.'' I say when I walk into the store. 

''Hey! I've missed you!'' Bri says and gets up to pull me into a hug. Geoff hugs me after her. 

''How are you?'' he asks. 

''I'm great how about you guys?'' I lie and hop in line to order something. Awsten has been on my mind constantly but I can't tell them that.

Bri goes on telling me about her new job and the band. She never once mentions his name but I hate even the mention of the band. When I get my coffee and a couple of scones I sit back down with them. I sip my coffee and look between Geoff and Bri. They look to be having a serious silent conversation. ''Am I missing something?'' I ask. 

Bri sighs, ''Daphne are you ever going to ask about him? It's been almost four months now.'' 

''Bri I really don't want to talk about this.'' I tell her gritting my teeth. 

''But you need to.'' She says and Geoff nods with her. 

''It doesn't matter how I feel anyways. He made his choice, if he wanted me back so badly he should march his sorry ass over here and talk to me himself. I might even consider accepting an apology.'' I take another drink of my coffee. 

''Daphne you don't understand, hes miserable.'' I stop at Geoff's words, ''the only time he talks is when we're discussing music. He's closed himself off he won't talk to anyone.'' 

''Why?'' I ask even though the answer is obvious. 

''He misses you so much. He wants to make things right but hes too scared to make it worse.'' Geoff explains. 

''I mean what am I supposed to do? Just forgive him because he realizes too late me made a mistake?" I cross my arms and Geoff sets his lips in a tight line. Bri takes up the conversation.

"He asks me about you all the time and hasn't stopped since you left. Daphne you need to be more forgiving. I know you've been through things like this before but you don't understand Awsten is broken right now." She tells me.

My heart breaks at the thought of him being like that but I can't show it. He hurt me and I'm scared he'll do it again. But he makes me so happy can I really let him go? "Alright let's go." I stand up.

"Go where?" Bri asks.

"To see Awsten."

It's only an hour drive back to Houston so we all ride together. I sit in the back staring out of the window. What do I even say to him? I thought I'd have longer to figure it out but next thing I know we're pulling up into his driveway. "He's home I texted him earlier." Geoff says.

"Okay, you guys coming?" I ask and swallow nervously.

"Um no you gotta do this yourself." Bri says waving me off. I sigh and get out of the car. I walk up the sidewalk and pause at the door. I let out a breath and knock.

I take a step back when I hear the door opening. I look down and look back up surprised at what I'm seeing. Stephanie Grubb is standing in the doorway. "Um babe you've got a friend." She puts emphasis on the friend and give me a smirk before moving away from the door.

Awsten walks around the corner and stops when he sees me. Stephanie walks by him and plants a kiss on his cheek. I clench my fists my fingernails digging into my palms. "Daphne what are you doing here?" Hes not angry just surprised.

"Damn well I should've known you'd move on but with Stephanie that threw me for a loop." I say as he closes the door behind him.

"I didn't mean for you to see that." He says and frowns.

"Pft doesn't matter I broke up with you remember?" My heart it shattered on the ground in front of me and Stephanie just stamped her little foot all over it.

"Yeah, Daphne I-" he starts but I hold up my hand.

"Nope you look plenty happy so I won't interfere. Just wanted to say hi I'll take my leave now." I sigh and turn around. He tries to grab my wrist but I shake myself away without looking at him. If I stop now he'll see me cry and I don't want that. I get back in the car. "Drive." Is all I can say.

"Daphne what happened?" Geoff asks as Bri pulls out of the driveway.

"He's with someone else." I say through gritted teeth. "I thought you said he wasn't over me?" I look at him I can feel the tears falling already.

"I- I thought he was. He is! He was literally asking about you yesterday. He always looks hurt when we mentioned your name. There's no way he moved on yet." Geoff runs a hand through his hair. "I'm so sorry Daphne I wouldn't have sent you over there if I had known." He apologizes.

I just nod and look out the window. We drive for a short while and pull into an unfamiliar driveway. "Where are we?" I ask.

"Seems like we need a break and our apartment is a mess." Geoff says.

"Our?" I ask looking between them.

"Yeah we got an apartment together a couple of weeks ago and I can't keep it clean." Bri explains. "It bothers him so much." She whispers with a laugh.

"Trust me it'll be clean when we get home later." He kisses her cheek and they get out of the car.

"You didn't really answer my question." I state as I get out too.

"Oh it's Otto's place." Geoff says.