Part 12 Goodbyes

We wake up the next morning to a knock on the door. I'm still wrapped in Awsten's arms. I snuggle closer to him but the person knocks again. With a sigh I get up and answer the door it's Bri. "Hey Daphne, where's Awsten?"

"He's still in bed." I tell her and yawn.

"Did you sleep on the couch?" She looked confused she must've slept in the bed too.

"No." My eyes grow wide and I push her out into the hallway when I see her jaw drop. "And we did not sleep together! I mean we did but we didn't-- ya know." I raise my eyebrows.

"Sure sure, well anyways we're going out for lunch. Wanted to see if you wanted to go." She smirks.

I look back at the closed door then to her, "I think I'm okay we'll get something in a bit."

"Alright see ya!" She waves bye and makes her way back down the hallway. I go to open the door and realize I forgot my key card. I sigh and knock.

"Well good morning." Awsten smiles down at me when he opens the door.

"Good morning." I go to walk past him but he grabs my wrist. Before I can protest he pulls me in for a kiss. My body melts in his hands and he lets me go.

"That's a proper good morning." He smirks and I can't help but laugh.

"You're insane." I tell him shaking my head.

"I get that a lot actually." He ruffles out his hair and makes his way to the kitchen. "We didn't bring any food did we?"

"No sir." I shake my head.

"Hmm want to go get a bite then?"

"Bri, Geoff and Otto just left we could catch up with them?" I suggest.

"Nah that's alright, you get ready and we'll hit up a place of our own." He smiles and walks back to the dresser full of clothes. He reaches for the bottom drawer and throws me the first clothes he sees. I blush a little when he tosses me a bra and underwear.

"Um thanks." I clutch the clothes to my chest and make my way to the bathroom. I change quickly and try to get the morning breath out of my mouth. I come back out to find Awsten already dressed putting on his shoes. He trades me and goes to the bathroom I slide on my shoes and I'm ready to go when he gets out. "So where are we going?" I ask him on our way down the elevator.

"Dunno guess we can walk around and look for something." We exit the elevator and enter the lobby. He opens the front doors for me and we walk out. The sun feels good on my cool skin. He grabs my hand as we walk, his hand is warm but not in an uncomfortable way.

We end up in a little diner like the one back in Houston. "Wow breakfast two meals in a row." I laugh, it's almost twelve but it's never too late for breakfast.

"Yep can't ever have too much bacon." We laugh and the waitress walks up.

"What can I get you two?"

"Coffee and scrambled eggs please." I tell her.

"And for you?" She turns to Awsten. She flashes him a big smile and he returns it but glances at me first so I know it's out of courtesy.

"Coffee, two pancakes and bacon. Thank you." She turns and leaves.

"We're not gonna be able to go anywhere without someone checking you out." I laugh.

"Well at least you know you have a hot boyfriend."

Boyfriend. He just called himself my boyfriend. I quickly recover, "like I didn't already know."

His grin grows, "I don't know how I'm going to make it a month without you."

"Me either." Our conversation is interrupted by the waitress pouring our coffees. I pour lots of sugar and creamer into mine.

"Whoa you're gonna have a sugar rush!" Awsten teases.

"Pft as if." I sip my coffee but it's still too hot so it burns a little. I try to hide the fact that I burned myself but Awsten already saw.

"Maybe you should blow on that smart one."

"Wow thanks for the heads up." We laugh but I blow on my coffee and take another sip. Our food is brought out a minute later. We thank her as she sets our food down and we dig in. I steal another piece of his bacon.

"Are you going to do that everytime I have bacon?" He sighs but smiles.

"Yup you can count on it." I laugh and chew on the crispy bacon.

After breakfast we went back to the hotel to pack up and say goodbye.

I slammed the door closed to my Jeep with Bri and my things all inside. "Guess I'll see you in a month." I tell Awsten.

"Why don't you come with us? I'm sure there's room for you on the bus." He offers.

I shake my head, "I can't I'm sorry. School is just too important this year."

"I get it. Well I'll see you soon." He hugs me bye and kisses the top of my head. I feel my cheeks burn but I turn away before he sees. I wave bye to Otto and Geoff. Bri's already in the car and I pull away waving bye.

"Did he ask you to go with them too?" I ask Bri.

She just nods. We both know our parents would never let us even if we could. I turn on the radio and focus on the drive home.