Part 17 Talk

We make it back to Bri and Geoff's apartment where we decided to crash for the night. I laid Awsten down on the couch and followed Bri and Geoff into the kitchen. ''I'm starving, you guys got anything to eat?'' 

''We could order pizza?'' Bri suggests. 

''Sure.'' I shrug and return to the living room. I sit on the floor next to the couch and rest my head on the edge of it. I stayed there until the pizza was delivered. I quickly eat and return to Awsten. Bri hands me a couple of blankets and I put one over him as he sleeps. I wrap myself in the other and lay my head back on the edge of the couch.

I must've fallen asleep because I wake up in the middle of the night wrapped in my blanket with a pillow under my head. With a yawn I stretch and make my way to the kitchen. I quietly pour myself a glass of water.

I make my way back to the living room and pick up my pillow and blanket off the floor. I pause looking at Awsten's sleeping face. I move his faded hair out of his face and smile. His different colored eyes flutter open and squint at me. "Daphne?"

"Hey you okay?" I ask sitting back down.

"I think so, I uh don't remember everything that happened though. How did we get here, I went to Travis'." He scratches his head.

"Yeah we came and got you. Josh came back to the apartment and we didn't want a fight so we brought you here." I explain.

"I remember that part, with Josh, he touched you are you okay?" He immediately looks me up and down.

I blush, "oh yeah I'm fine, he just pissed me off a little." I shrug.

"Okay." He pauses. "Daphne I'm sorry."

"It's okay, I understand now and I could've done something just as well as you."

"Can we try again?" He asks.

"What about Stephanie?" I ask remembering how mad I was when I saw her.

"That was my first time with her and it was most definitely the last." He says and smiles at me.

"Then yes, you have to talk to me this time around." I tell him with a smirk.

"Absolutely." He nods. I stand up to go to the other couch but Awsten scoots over. "Lay with me?"

"Sure." I lay in the empty space and he wraps his arm around me.

I wake up the next morning with my face buried in Awsten's chest. I pull away to look up at him and he's already awake. "Good morning."

"Good morning." I attempt to roll over and end up on the floor. "Ow."
Awsten's too busy laughing to ask if I'm okay. He sits up on the couch and stretches.

Bri and Geoff walk into the room. "Morning guys." Geoff says. "Daphne did you sleep on the floor?"

"Um... No I fell." I admit standing up.

"Nice." Bri teases.

I roll my eyes at her. "What's for breakfast?" I ask.

"I'll make some eggs." Bri offers.

She made some scrambled eggs with bacon. I of course stole a piece of Awsten's bacon. We all ate and they announced they needed to go to the store. "We'll take you back to campus here later."

"Alright see you in a bit." I wave them off and join Awsten back on the couch. Some sitcom was playing that we watched for a while. Then he turned to me.

"We need to catch up." He says.

"Yeah what do you want to know?" I shrug.

"What did you decide to study?"

"Oh um phycology actually."

"That's perfect for you!" He says.

"Why's that?" I ask.

"Because you're so compassionate and aware of the people around you."

I blush, "thanks." I push hair back behind my ear, "so what's new with you?"

"Nothing really. Working on the new album of course. I think you're really going to like this one."

"Cause I totally hated the last one." I roll me eyes and he laughs.

"The new one just has some serious bangers on it." He smiles proudly.

"Won't they all?" We laugh. "So what were you doing with Stephanie?"

He blushes and looks away, "I honestly don't know. I was thinking about you and I really didn't want to be alone because I was afraid I was going to do something dumb."

"Which you ended up doing anyways." I point out and he rolls his eyes at me.

"We didn't do anything, she had just gotten there when you came. After you left she said some things that I just wouldn't tolerate. No one says anything bad about my friends even if they did break up with me." He glances at me.

"Well if you talk to me this time it won't happen again."

"Deal." He holds out his hand and I shake it with a laugh.

As the years went on the guys only became more famous. I decided to take some classes in design as well. Those paid off seeing I got to make the bands merch with the guys input of course. Fresh out of college dating the lead singer in a band. What could go wrong?