10

Honk Honk

"The driver is here!" Megan yells as I throw in my mouth the last blueberry.

"I'm coming!"

"I'm gonna miss you. You better call me to let me know all the details." She pouts as she tightly hugs me.

"Yea, of course I will. I hope I didn't forget anything though." I say as I look around the apartment one last time. "Well anyway, love you, bye!" I kiss her cheek before running down the stairs and into the black range rover.

"Hello Ms. ..." A man in his 60s says as he throws a cigarette out the window. He spoke in a deep raspy voice with a heavy accent.

"It's Ms. Miller, and thank you for driving me."

He nodded his head and drove off to the freeway.

I packed all night long, scared I'd forget something. I brought many different bathing suits, sun glasses, sandals, summer dresses, tank tops, shorts... I knew I had brought way too much considering I had three big suit cases, but how could I not. I didn't know what Italy would be like, so I pretty much brought with me my whole closet.

"We're here Ms. Miller." He says as he opens the trunk to get my big suit cases out.

I walk out of the car and I see Selena running towards me and jumping in my arms.

"Oh my god, this is so exiting, let's get on the private jet." She jumps up and down as I look at the black airplane behind her. "Come on, don't worry they'll get your luggage on the plane." She points at a group of bulky bodyguards.

"Holy shit, is that what we're going to be flying in?!" I gasp as we walk up into the fancy plane.

"Duh! Alex is flying with Valentino later on, so it's just us and Matteo!" She says as we sit in big comfy chairs.

"Hey Matteo."

"Good morning Kate." He says with a smile as he looks up from his phone.

The whole flight lasted about 10 hours. I slept most of the time while Matteo and Selena watched movies together. I started to feel sick near the end so I tried distracting myself by finishing the book I was reading at the moment, which was little women.

"We've arrived in Florence, Tuscany."

"Finally!" Matteo loudly grunts as he stretches his arms out and shakes Selena to wake her up.

"What time is it?" Selena asks as she yawns and rubs her eyes.

"6 pm. Let's get going so that we can make it in time for dinner." He opens the plane door and walks out holding Selena's hand.

I put my book away and I grab my purse to catch up with them.

"Where are we staying?" I ask as we get into a car.

"My family's house. It's big so you'll be meeting a lot of family members."

I look out the window as we drive through the beautiful city.  It was completely different from America, there weren't modern buildings or tall skyscrapers. Instead the architecture was Gothic and had Renaissance buildings which was gorgeous. Not long after, we reach a mountain area with big houses and green scenery. Finally, I could officially say I was in Italy.

The car stopped and all three of us got out. I carried my three big suit cases out of the trunk and followed Matteo towards a huge house with big bright windows and many small fountains. It felt so fancy.

I pull my luggage to the front of the house while he knocks on the door.

"Bentornato a casa!" An elegant dark haired women opens the door as she tightly hugs Matteo.