Chosen

Enjoy!

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Prologue

It was almost miserable. Pathetic, if you may.

But it was all about perspective.

Steve Rogers had just lost everyone, literally everyone, all over again. Bucky, the friend who had been by his side since their days in the playground, gone. Sam, the loyal and steadfast friend who had helped the Captain out of a tight spot, gone too.

He wanted-no, needed to bring them back, along with the rest of the world population.

But the one man who could help, the only man in the world who could help, didn't want to.

Steven Rogers found it pathetic that Tony Stark, with all of his smugness and ego, would not help save a planet that had nothing more to lose.

Well, to Tony, it was the exact opposite.

Tony was no fool, he knew all about what had happened around the world. He had seen the news, talked to contacts and had heard the tales. He returned from Titan and was fortunate enough to have his entire family alive and well. So, he closed shop and decided to finally settle down. The past five years had been the most peaceful in his entire life. Spent with Pepper, Peter and the new addition to the family, Morgan. The Stark's were quite isolated, but they didn't really mind that. They had each other, after all.

In short, Tony had everything to lose.

Anthony Stark found it pathetic that the one person who had caused him the most pain, the highest torture, the most extreme torment, time and again, had the audacity to show up at his doorstep, his home and make demands of him.

The Sokovia Accords and the 'Civil War' were still a touchy subject. Tony knew that Steve had hidden the real reason behind why Tony was an orphan from the rest of the team. He knew that the moment they came to know, they would turn on the super soldier, too.

But finally, it was Peter that got through to him. Peter came to him, saying that he had solved the time travel conundrum, but would only go ahead with it if Tony approved. Tony knew that if he had rushed to find the solution, he really wanted to bring them all back. Tony may have had his family, but they had still lost people. Tony had lost Colonel Rhodes, his best friend. Peter had lost Wanda, his girlfriend and Ned, MJ, and all of his other friends.

"Dad, if there's even a small chance that we can bring them back, we should try to do so. What would you have done If I had been dusted?"

And just like that, Tony was in.

Everyone was coming home.

***

Peter knew something had gone south when his mom ran out into the front lawn.

Grabbing a bracelet on her way out, she tugged on the arc reactor charm. Nanotech rolled out of the bracelet and formed the Rescue suit around her.

So, even if the world was ending, you would have to excuse Peter for fanboying just a little.

I mean, it's not everyday that you see your mom pull on a high-powered suit to go fight bad guys, right?

But then he realized the severity of the situation. Pepper hated her Rescue armor, which was a gift from Tony. So for her to put it on without a second thought meant that there had to be a lot of trouble.