Again

WARNING: Mentions of cancer mortality, bullying and harassment. Please do not read if not suitable.

This one-shot is for Rautrix and Matthorseman. Here's the one-shot I promised you. Thank you for reading and for your patience! You guys are amazing. 

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

After the events of Peter's "Homecoming" night, he had been invited to join the Avengers by Tony Stark.

He declined.

Don't get him wrong, he wasn't playing hard to get. He really wanted to be with them, one among them,  but he thought about May.

He thought about everything she had done for him. The life she could have had but sacrificed for him. The husband she could have kept, but lost for him.

He remembered his city. He thought of the people of New York. The total strangers who supported him, cheered him on, loved him, needed him.

Heck, he even remembered Flash.

He knew that while this was his childhood dream, things had changed. He was needed elsewhere.

Tony was completely caught off-guard by his answer. Then, understanding the reasoning behind his choice, realized just how mature the peppy teenager really was.

He couldn't just let go of him, though. Peter had become far too valuable to the Stark, so he offered a real internship, alongside training for his...extracurriculars. Peter was surprised, expecting Tony to just abandon him and want nothing to do with him, but jumped on the offer.

That was three months ago.

***

Shortly after that, Peter was introduced to the team.

Within a week, most of the Avengers had taken an immediate liking to him.

Most of them.

Even though the Avengers had made peace and moved back into the Tower, it was clear who was on which side.

So when Steve was apprehensive about Peter's crime-fighting and his age, Sam and Clint absolutely despised the kid.

There was no apparent reason for their harassment of the teen, but the bird-themed duo only bolstered the bad image of Peter in Steve's mind. 

They would often play pranks and blame it on Peter. They would mess up things and blame it on Peter. They would damage Stark property and blame it on Peter. They would lock him out of the Compound and cause him to be late for training.

Steve believed them, seeing as it was the word of two of his friends who had been beside him and helped him against a kid he barely knew about. Besides, he was a teenager. Creating chaos is what they do these days, right?

Not this one.

The reason was simple: Peter had too busy of a schedule. With high school, preparations for MIT, his part-time job, Spider-Man patrols, his internship with Mr. Stark and training with the Avengers, he simply had no time to do whatever Clint and Sam accused him of.

Tony saw the footage of them doing what they claimed Peter had done and showed it to the rest of the team (excluding the trio). Rearing to fight, Peter stopped them.

"It's just a petty prank, guys. No need to go all Civil War for a prank."

That, however, didn't stop Tony fron threatening them.