Again (Pt. 2)

A.N. Just pretend that this timeline makes sense. And yes, that is not Peter's refrigerator. He was...sleepwalking.

||||||||||||||||

"So, what're you doing here, kiddo?" Gibbs said as he dusted off the wooden bench before patting it, offering Peter a seat.

Peter sat down, thinking on how to structure what he was about to say.

Gibbs seemed to notice this, and gave him some advice.

"Let it all out, Pete. My boat and I won't judge."

Peter then took a deep breath and...

"Aunt May's d-dead, Uncle Gibbs."

The mallet clattered on to the tabletop as Gibbs threw it.

He then explained the gist of what had gone down for the past three months.

He ended in tears.

Gibbs had pulled him into another hug when the first tears fell.

"It's like I-I can't breathe, U-uncle Gibbs."

Gibbs had to restrain himself from comparing Peter to Jimmy after that statement.

"Yes, you can." he said, placing Peter's palms on his chest. "Come on, breathe with me."

Peter tried to match his breathing with the rise and fall of Gibbs' chest.

"You know, there was this kid who used to live across the street." Gibbs said, trying to distract him. By the way Peter's rapid breathing slowed, he knew it was working.

"His name was Phineas. Played catch with him, made a volcano for his science project, the whole deal."

"Those were the best." Peter said, eliciting a grin from Gibbs, who knew of the webslinger's nerdy and geeky side.

"Yeah it was fun, he even left me one of those computer things so that we could chat, but he had to leave a few months back. Turns out, it was bugged and his mom was a terrorist."

The basement was silent for a few seconds, before Peter broke it.

"It's so hard to have good neighbors these days."

Gibbs and Peter laughed at that, and the webslinger soaked up the tenderness of the moment.

Before Gibbs turned serious.

"You have a plan?" he asked, prompting a nod from the teen.

"I'm going to...go away for a while." he responded cryptically.

Gibbs grabbed a pencil and some paper, and scribbled two numbers on it.

"The first one is DiNozzo's. Call him before you land." he said before picking up his phone and dialing in a number.

"Land, what do you mean?" asked a confused Peter. "What are you doing?"

"I'm getting you on a plane to France."

"How did you know I wanted to go to Europe?" he asked, stunned.

Gibbs merely grinned.

"Educated guess." 

He then moved to a corner of the basement as his call picked up. 

Peter took out his phone and began looking at his pictures with Pepper.

Tony.

Natasha, his Spider-Mom.

Wanda.

He would never be able to tell her how he felt about her now.