Brooklyn

"So...you're from Queens, right?"

The Rogues had been pardoned. As much as Steve cared for Bucky, he realized that the way he went about saving his friend was wrong.

"You didn't need to lose one family to keep another," Sam had told him later. "All you need to do is be upfront with Tony. Bucky is your friend, sure, but so is Tony. With time, he'll come around and support you, like he always does."

Seeing the wisdom in his words, he set up meetings with Tony. Months of talking and explaining later, Tony had the Rogue Avengers officially pardoned and back in the Compound.

Which meant introductions to the new recruits.

"Yeah, born and raised, sir." Peter responded, trying not to fanboy.

Steve recognized that expression, though. He had seen it before on Phil Coulson.

"Got something to ask?" he questioned, thoroughly amused with the teen before him.

Peter exploded.

"I have to ask again: are you, like, a master in physics or something, or does your shield have a mind of its own? 'Cause you have a freaky level of control over it."

Steve took a moment to sift through his rambling, but he understood.

"It's got a special centre of gravity." Steve explained. "You've got to look beyond what you want to hit. It's all in the wrist, Queens."

Peter nodded in half-understanding.

"Hey Capsicle, stop hogging my protégé!" Tony yelled faintly from afar. "Go get your own."

The duo laughed at Tony's antics.

"I don't know, Tony. I quite like this one. What do you say, Queens?"

Peter simply laughed, envisioning Tony's pout in his mind's eye.

"This is our thing now, isn't it...Brooklyn?" he asked hesitantly, making sure he was correct.

Steve smirked as he clamped his hand on his shoulder.

"It certainly is, kid."

***

They were at an old HYDRA base in Siberia, doing a usual intel sweep, until one of the intruder countermeasures had activated.

Which naturally, triggered all of the others.

Now, they were trying to get out of there alive.

Well, except for Peter.

"Hand me the drive, Natasha."

She tossed it over to him, which he easily caught and turned to go, but he felt some resistance on his arm, pulling him back.

"I can't let you go in there, son." Steve said in a concerned tone, grasping Peter's arm. "It's just some intel. We can recover it again. I can't risk you getting injured over it."

"Steve, the time is now. I've got to try." he responded, looking Steve dead in the eye.

And Peter jarred him by how much he resembled Steve in that moment, so much so that the super soldier involuntarily loosened his grip.

Peter shook him off and ran through the door.

He didn't know why he was this concerned for the kid.

He's Spider-Man. He's capable of protecting himself.

Until some debris began falling from the ceiling, accompanied with some thunderous cracks.