part twenty five

crazy times ahead...

//

Lydia Styles

When I got home, I hurried into the living room holding Daisy. I didn't want to tell Eliza and Louis about the diner until I told Harry first.

I spotted Harry on the couch, with Niall on the other end and Teddy between the two of them.

He stands up once he sees me, immediately taking me by surprise when he hugs Daisy and I tightly.

His face buried into my neck. I couldn't hug him back because my arms were occupied but his embrace felt good.

Niall was helping Louis and Eliza with the grocery bags, so it was just Harry, Daisy and I in the living room now.

He pulls away and holds my shoulders. His face held an unreadable expression. I couldn't see any happiness behind it but I also couldn't see any sadness.

He just looked relieved to see us, and it kills me that I'll have to destroy that relief he feels in a moment.

"Can we talk upstairs?" I say quietly, making him arch his brow.

He hesitantly nods. "Sure." he softly speaks.

I don't know how to break this to him, but I have to. It's not something I can keep from him because that would only hurt him more.

We go upstairs into our bedroom. Harry shuts the door behind us while I go straight over to the bed and sit Daisy down against the pillows.

"Lyds, I ran into my mother this morning."

He states it so quickly and bluntly that I almost didn't think he really said it.

I turn around with wide eyes.

"You what?"

"My aunt needed help with her car. My mom found me there." he looks down at his feet.

My stomach twists with worry.

He didn't look harmed physically so luckily she didn't do anything. But I know that he's beaten up mentally, because this stuff always messes with his head.

"What did she say to you?" I ask.

He gives a little shrug and a head shake. "Told me how I fucked up her life, and that Xavier will get what he wants eventually."

I don't know whether I was upset or angry. But the very thought of that woman threatening him made my blood boil.

I step up to him and grab his face, making him look up from the ground and down into my eyes.

"You didn't do anything to her, okay?" I tell him with a stern tone. "She's deranged, and none of this is your fault."

He presses his lips together and nods. I know he struggled to believe it but it was true. His mother and Xavier do have some insanely scary obsession with him...but that's not his fault. He didn't ask for this.

I wish I was there with him when it happened. I'm not the same person I was years ago. I genuinely feel like I could get angry enough to kill her. That's what I feel like doing right now.