part fifteen

minor trigger warning! abuse/mentions of abuse

Harry Styles

April 1st

I was in a good mood. The sun was shining when we returned home from our flight from Italy, and despite feeling a little jet lagged, my mind was still uplifted.

We had Daisy spend one more night at Lydia's parents so we could unpack without rush and just focus all our attention on her once we got her back.

The moment we got to Lydia's parent's house, Daisy's little mind was so excited after seeing her mom and dad in person again. She bounced up and down on the ground until Lydia picked her up and she clung onto her. I couldn't pick her up because of my wound, which was healing but still prohibiting me from doing any heavy lifting. I could still hold her though, if Lydia passed her to me.

It sucked not being able to lift Daisy out of her crib the next morning, but I woke up at the same time as Lydia so she wasn't alone with her.

It was merely 7:30 in the morning, the earliest we've woken up in four days. I laid on the bed, just in my track pants while Daisy crawled around on the sea of comforter that must've been so huge to her small body. Lydia was folding laundry, the pile of clothes at the end of the bed while she folded them and organized them into neat piles.

I watched Daisy with a smile as she fumbled around in the thick duvet. I reach forward and grab her little foot gently, causing her to flop onto her stomach as I pulled her towards me.

She laughed as I flipped her onto her back, showing off her childish grin.

"You've got some new teeth coming in, baby." I say as I look down at her.

She had her two front teeth growing in, along with two bottom teeth.

Her cheeks were pulled upward by her cemented grin, she was simply a happy baby with not a single care in the world. Just how she should be.

"We should do something today." Lydia says as she folds, making me tilt my head to look over at her at the end of the bed.

"Yeah? What are you thinking?" I ask.

She shrugs, looking out the window of our bedroom. "It's sunny and warm. We should all get out of the house." she says. "What about we take her to the park?"

I look down back down at Daisy, who was now holding her feet in her hands and just staring back up at me through her big blue eyes.

"Does the park sound good to you, kid?" I say to her, obviously not expecting any sort of intelligible response back.

She sticks her tongue out as she laughs at my words, causing me to smile back. "I'll take that as a yes."

"Perfect." Lydia says, finishing the last bit of clothes. She comes around to the part of the bed we were on, reaching down to grab Daisy. "You need some breakfast before we go, baby." she says to her.

I slide off the bed. "I'm gonna grab a quick shower." I say as I walk over to the dresser and grab some clean clothes.

I kiss Lydia and the top of Daisy's head before heading to the bathroom. Sometimes, I have to stop and think about how that was literally my wife that I just kissed as she was holding our daughter in her arms. This was never the life I pictured for myself, but that's a good thing. I wouldn't have it any other way in terms of the people around me.

I turn on the water of the shower, waiting for it to warm up. I stop and look at myself in the mirror. Despite the early hour, my face looked healthy and rested. I felt pretty good too in that aspect.