part thirty five

look how nice i am giving you a double update instead of leaving you on a cliffhanger like usual... make sure you've read 34 first!

enjoy

//

Harry Styles

Harry Styles

There's a faint humming sound.

It's the hum of bright fluorescent lights, which I can see through my closed eyelids.

My head feels heavy, similar to a hungover feeling. My eyes sting behind my eyelids and it makes me want to keep them closed.

My forehead is sweating but at the same time, I feel so cold, goosebumps running up my arms. I don't know what's happened up until this point but all I know is I feel tired.

I move my head a little bit, feeling my tight neck crack as I keep my eyes closed. I'm sitting up, and all of my muscles and joints feel tight. 

My arms are pulled behind me and right now I can't comprehend why—everything in my mind is blurry.

I need to rub my eyes but I can't move.

Why can't I move?

I feel a fingertip run up the bare skin on my arm until it hit the short sleeve of my t shirt. Is that Lydia? What's happening?

The person touching my arm starts humming a short tune, their hand caressing my arm delicately.

The last thing I can remember is being with Lydia in my car—everything after that is like blackness.

I crease my brows together upon realizing that I'm sitting down but I'm restrained and there's someone touching me. That's when I force myself to start opening my eyes despite the bright lights, needing to see what the hell was going on.

I squint, my vision blurry for a few moments as my eyes fully open.  

I was right about the fluorescent lights—the room I'm in is lit up by a single beam of light that allows me to see the center of the room...the corners are dark.

But, very quickly, the bright light became the least of my worries.

When I opened my eyes, I saw a sight that made my stomach sink. My whole body filled with dread.

Doll mask.

That's all I could comprehend at first, there's a person in a doll mask crouching in front of me and touching my arm. They had longer hair and a more petite figure—I think it's a woman.