Chapter 21- Scarlet Trimmed Memories

I was 11, no 12, or was I 13..? I'm not quite sure I remember. The little details aren't to important. Our mission at the time had been in the Lukso Province, it was a nice natural area located on The Azian continent. Day 1 of this mission is where this story will start.

                           _____________

"Miura-San!" I yelled out to the woman, running up to her enveloping her in a huge hug, as Shalnark walks behind me, towards the woman as well. She rubbed my head. I didn't pay much attention to the details around me, those are lost to time now, the black haired woman however, was a clear picture in my mind. Shalnark said something to the black haired woman, I hadn't been paying attention, but in a matter of seconds we began walking. "Miura-San!! When will big bro Chrollo be here!"

   I was clingy and hyper when I was younger, much more free spirited as well, it's not like I wasn't aware of the work we did, I was just naive, raised to think it was all okay.

She chuckled, "He said he'll be here in three days the last I spoke to him, but first we have to set things up, so Black Sheep that's where you come in!" I nod along as she speaks, intently listening. "Go on! Go on!" I excitedly bounced up and down as she began to speak. "We need you to talk to a few folk around the town, pretend to be a lost little girl, gain some information, then report back!" 

"Alrighty Miura-San! I can do that!"

I'll spare you the details, but I did just that, all day long, frankly it got tiring after a while, but I was certainly glad to do it.

Sitting in the hotel we rented, I began explaining all the things the town's people told me. Miura-San said something along the lines of "Good job Black Sheep! I'm so proud!"

  I don't exactly remember the details, it's all cloudy the next thing I remember is lying down in bed, drifting off to sleep.

I woke up to the sounds of Miura-San and Shalnark walking around the hotel beginning to leave. "Where are you two going?" I asked them, disappointed that they weren't taking me with. "We have to go do adult work today, you have to stay here Black Sheep." The black haired woman answered. I pouted, "I'm old enough though!" Shalnark chuckled and smiled saying "The places we're going are '18+' you're not old enough silly!" I didn't bare to argue any further.

"Remember (Y/N), stay here." Mirua said before they both left, locking the door. There was a clock on the wall, it ticked so loudly I couldn't forget it. I wasn't sure how much time had passed when I grew antsy, 1 hour? 2? It's been a while, forgive me, however, no matter how much time had passed, I was bored. My little peepers shifted their view to a nearby window, an idea started brewing.

I shuffled my way to my one way out, viewing over it, I figured out how to open it, which I did. I peeked out the window, it was on the first story, there's not a fall, I thought it over for a moment, would this be logical? I decided, yes, I should do this, and I climbed out.

My feet skillfully fell on the dirt ground and I began mindlessly walking around. I soon find my way to a small market place. A crowd of people surround two boys, both around my age. But these were no ordinary boys, one had bright red eyes. They had to be the most gorgeous thing I had ever had the fortune of seeing, yet all the townspeople cursed at them, calling them demons. They were no demons, I know a demon when I see one, and these are just two kids. The blonde one kicked the man in front of him, and it looked like it hurt. They didn't seem like they had special training, so what made them so unique?

My urge to know more grew stronger every second. One event lead to another and eventually the two were leaving the town. But I didn't want them to leave, I wanted to continue learning more about them, what are their names? Who are they? Why do their eyes glow with such a beautiful pigment? I instinctively followed them, yet not where they could see.