Chapter 5-Eggs in a Canyon, and Troubles on a Blimp

Chairman Netero. It was no denying it. Me and him have only ever met once. But it may seem odd we've even met at all. Let's just say it was a chance encounter. Nothing special or anything, we sort of just met each other while I was on a job a few years back.

"Now don't you think your being a little harsh; Failing the whole applicant pool?" The old man spoke to the examiner.

The woman sighed and replied "Yea, I guess I was being a little harsh." Her eyes grazed over the large group of people "I have an idea for a redo, Can you take us there Chairman?" The old man nodded and had us all aboard the aircraft he jumped out of.

  Once we were aboard they explained to us that we were going to be taking it to the third phase as well, that was, if we passed. I found a random spot on the ground and took out my book, and started where I had last left off.
Overall the flight was 2 hours long, and I had made it half way through the fairy tale book. We all got off the plane and examined our new destination.

                   ________________

Menchi fell down into the void known as Split Mountain, everyone shocked and scared for her safety, she promptly came back up with an egg in her hand.

   "To pass you have to get one of these eggs, they are known as spider eggs, now you see the dangers Gourmet Hunters go through, we are just as much Hunters as other types of Hunters" She explained to us, her later words referring to the murmurs she received earlier this day.

  Feeling cocky and over confident, a couple examiners jumped into the canyon with no knowledge on how to get back up, like Menchi had done. We all watched as a few of them fell to their death.

   Gon followed, and held on to one of the webs holding the eggs, shocked, I reluctantly decided to follow, the same goes for Kurapika, Killua, and Leorio.

    Examining my surroundings, I picked up on the slightest hint of wind, and I see so did Gon.

"Guys! Now!!" The short spiky haired boy yelled at us, telling us to let go of the string keeping us alive. Trusting his judgement I release my grasp and fall down further into the ditch, quickly grabbing onto an egg. Fearing that I'd continue to fall I close my eyes in fear, however the inevitable doom I sensed didn't come, rather a gust of wind came from the bottom of the hollowed mountain. I opened my eyes in shock seeing that I was now back safe on the ground.

   The first thing I noticed was Hisoka walking over toward me.

"Wow (Y/N), you seemed afraid back there~"

I flinched as the clown man called me out. "Yea I was, so what?" My words wear shaky, still slightly shocked at surviving.

"I just think the infamous Black Sheep of the Phantom Troupe shouldn't be scared of something as minuscule as falling to your death~ Your brother wouldn't be proud~"

   The words he spoke were right, I shouldn't be scared of death, I shouldn't have feared falling, I'm a spider, Im going to face death over and over again, it's a weakness, something that can harm us. I need to toughen up more.

I sighed "Your right Hiso, I'm going to go back to Gon and the others now, I think I can think better with them, there's really no ominous aura over there"

"Black Sheep finally calls me Hiso again! I'm so happy~" I walked away from the man, his words fading away as I got further and further from him. He seemed happy that I referred to him by the nickname I had given him when we first met when I was younger, that stuck like bungee gum.

   I finally made it to the boys who were already munching on the eggs.

    "Hey guys, how do they taste?"