Chapter 28- "Is it Terrifying?"

My heart dropped as Kurapika filled me in earlier. When I had gone back the four had already decided on perusing the Troupe again, specifically Pakunoda. I didn't want to face it, but it was so clear to me, that, Paku, was going to die by Kurapika's hands.

It was tough, may the one I love must kill the first person I ever truly cared for? But I already knew there was no changing the situation, as the blond told me the plan they had set.

I now sit in the back seat of a car besides Gon, aimlessly gazing out the window. It was still raining outside, gloomy weather, for a gloomy day how fitting.

"We have to assume this is the work of a conjuror." I hear Kurapika from the front seat, he was now disguised as a woman, long gray hair, sunglasses, and a full black ensemble, with his naturally feminine features, he easily passes as one.

I close my eyes, tuning Killua's response out a bit, 'So they already snuffed out Kortopi's ability, I should have told Leorio about it honestly..' I think to myself.

"Agh those guys are out of their minds, they have people who can conjure entire buildings.." Leorio says, he was seated directly in front of me, and was currently driving the car.

I could tell with the way he phrased things, the taller man was covering for me in a way, I had already told him that the troupe was insanely powerful, yet he acted as if he was shocked, when from my perspective he clearly wasn't.

Killua started talking again, speaking of how it was clear 'they were still around' and of 'blind spots being created.'

Kurapika and Killua continued to speak amongst each other, I once again blocked them out. It was hard not to, after all, I was so anxious. This ball of uneasiness and worry was growing inside me, like it was made of rubber bands, and it only got bigger, ready to burst at any moment.

I shake my head, as if trying to shake away my thoughts, I had to stay focused, on slip up and this act could come crumbling down faster than I intended.

I turn my view from the window, go ahead of me. "What's wrong (Y/N)?" The small child beside me asks, "Nothing really." I respond, "If you say so.." he slowly says.

While me and Gon talked, (albeit briefly), Kurapika made a call to Melody, asking her to join in on this 'mission'.

We ride in silence for a while, nothing being said as Melody heads to the slums, once she's there, talking begins between Killua and Kurapika once more.

Most inconvenient however, was the fact that I got a call from Hisoka right as things began to start back into swing.

I answered, knowing he'd persist if I didn't.

"What is it?" I say, clearly unamused he had been calling. "My my Black Sheep~ So cold~ And I was only calling to let you know some things about your precious dear older brother.." he feigns a hurt tone. "I can't talk right now Hiso, I'm in the car." I tell him.

"Fine then, we can talk in code~" I shake my head to myself, "No.. there's no need, we can just talk later."

I hear him shuffling cards over the line, "You and me both know there is no later." I hang up on him there, I instantly got a text from him but didn't read it.

"What was that about?" Asked Gon, "You shouldn't concern yourself with it." Was all I could say. Luckily, Kurapika had been to engulfed in his own conversation to notice.

I turned to look at Gon, "Actually, I'll tell you later, but now isn't the time." I motioned over at Kurapika, hoping the boy would catch some kind of drift. I was starting to feel bad about keeping things from him, he had always been the light to the shadow, the sun required for life. Purity, and determination, described him perfectly, and I couldn't just keep him out of the loop, Gon deserved to know.

We silenced and listened in to what was going on with Killua and Melody, only to find, they've temporarily hung up.

Soon after a moment of silence in the car followed, till Gon's beetle phone rang. It was Killua. I made sure to listen in.

"Hey Killua." Gon greeted, the white haired boy on the other line instantaneously answered back, "The woman's here.." Pakunoda, please stay safe.

"She is?" The child beside me asks right after, his face seeming... concentrated, in the Gon way. "She's with her buddies, there's six of them, the guy with the topnotch is here too." That must be Nobunaga.

Gon made a noise, one of uneasiness was the best way to describe it, makes sense after he tried to get them to join.

"There's one more thing, there's a guy we didn't see yesterday, I'm betting he's the leader..." My brother.. "Whats he look like?" Gon asks Killua. "He's wearing a black coat with an inverted cross on the back, he has black slicked back hair, can't see his face.. although he does remind me of..." he begins to trail off. "Never mind that! They're really alert! I'm to scared to circle around front."

Kurapika reaches for it, "Give it to me." He says quickly, to which Gon complies. "Where are you now?" He asks immediately as the phone reaches his ear.

"In front of the Motoba building. They're heading west on continental." Killua replies.

"There's a station nearby, can you board their train?" The blonde, who's currently in designed asked. "Depends, if it's crowded I can manage." The white haired child responds.

"Hurry head to the south!" Kurapika says as if in a rush, as Leorio swallows a sandwich whole, in one bite. His hidden Nen ability I assume. I joke to myself, although it clearly wasn't the time.

"Okay!" The tall man says, buckling himself up and speeding off.

____________

Once Killua was on the train, he called back to update us.
"Melody's in the same car as them, we're heading toward Castor. I'm in the last car on the train." He spoke.

"Heading to Castor?" Kurapika speaks up, that had been the area the auction was taking place, as well as our hotel. Gon and the blond a knowledge this information without me having to say a word.

Truthfully this could not be good. I'm worried for whatever comes next. As I've said, this is where things start to fall, and I can tell, that the downward spiral has already been set in motion.

_________

Word Count: 1114

This was rather short but I'm still proud that I managed to finish this one!
I think this is a good ending spot right here :)!

Sorry this took so long! I've been extremely busy and unmotivated to continue this due to school, I hope you all understand. :')

So one: Updates with Yoimiya! I lost her to Keqing, but ended up getting her anyways after money was spent. And then I lost the 50/50 to Jean for the Raiden, and now I'm saving for Hu Tao! Hehe

Two: Xiao book is up! The oneshots no, the book book yes 💪. I suggest you check it out! I have good things planned for it, though it's also been on a short pause due to school.

ANYHOWS!! Most importantly, pay attention to chapter titles ;).

Well that's all!

Have an amazing day/night/afternoon
Remember that you are loved!
Till next time
Ba-Bye! <3