Chapter 29- "No I dont think so, its the way it is you know?"

Time quietly passes, the sound of rain being the only thing to fill time until we get another call from Killua, I don't hear what he says this time, but I do hear Kurapika mention something about the hotel.

My best bet, is they're heading there. Of course that's obvious now, Kortopi's ability was used to replicate all the items, meaning they can track where the items are located. The troupe must be looking for the chain user, at this rate, they're desperate. Squala better not take the eyes with him when he leaves that building, Kurapika had called to warn him, but I know better than to assume he'd leave them, I know it, He's a dead man. I hate to admit it, but that's the only way I see things playing out, and there's nothing I can do about it.

Maybe it's selfish of me to withhold the information I do, honestly it is selfish, this whole entire mask is selfish, this lie that has been tumbling down on a never ending fall, is about to reach it's pit, and what a selfish dug pit it was.

But it's to late now, as I glance around this car, that is for certain, I would only be causing more trouble for him.

"Station's over there, should we get a little closer?" I hear Leorio ask, "No, any closer than this, and the Troupe might sense my hostility."
The disguised blond replies, "Hey Gon, (Y/N)," Kurapika calls to us in the back. Gon, listens intently as the chain wielding boy speaks, as do I, on the outside at least. Truthfully, his words become muffled, and drowned out at my own thoughts.

I cant seem to turn my own inner monologue off, nor can I turn the volume down, everything around me was a ticking time bomb, and that's all I could focus on.

Tick Tick Tick, Crack Crack Crack..

Just a never ending parade of woes, this is what I've had coming to me since I left for the Hunter Exams. Fate works in weird ways doesn't it?

But is this really fate, or is it karma?

"The Spiders!" Kurapika yells, which causes me to momentarily snap back into reality.

My eyes landed on the troupe, on the people I know, unconsciously counting and checking just who was there.

One, Kortopi, Two, Machi, Three Nobunaga, four Shizuku... five Pakunoda, and finally, six, My brother.

When exactly was the last time I saw him? I think it was Uvogin's requiem, the gore-ish sounds of brutal music, that worse than an untuned piano playing on its own, still were burned into my memory, oh how I hate it.

I see them turn and talk to each other, before running in the direction of the hotel, this is probably due to Kortopi sensing a shift in the position of the eyes...

Kurapika points out the obvious, and Gon speaks up, "Can we head them off by car?"

"Well it is evening rush over. At this rate, they might be a lot faster on foot." Leorio responds, as he looks out the window in their direction.

The sound of a door opening is heard, and we all turn our attention to it. "Huh? Kurapika!" Leorio yells out at the boy who was now running out in the rain after the spiders. "I'll contact you soon, wait till then!" He yells back.

Gon climbs over me, and rushes out the car after him. "Wait! Kurapika! I have an idea! Kurapika, come on!" The small sunshine boy yells out to the boy older than him, running and waving frantically.

I look out the door, then at Leorio, "Should I go with?" I ask him, to which he turns around and knocks me over the head, "No, that's dangerous, we can't risk the Troupe recognizing you in front of Kurapika. You need to tell him yourself. Stay here (Y/N)."

I rub my head where he hit me, then close the door, "You have a point Leorio, thank you."

The glasses wearing man turns back to the road and laughs, "Plus, are you really going to leave your best bud all alone?" I roll my eyes at this, "You're not my best bud." I respond, laughing right after.

The mood became slightly more cheery, just for a moment. This all ends when Leorio's phone gets a ring, "It's Killua." He says to me before answering it, to which I nod even though I'm aware he can't see me.

"Where's Gon?" Killua yells from the other side of the line, it was muffled from here, but I could tell he was clearly some form of pissed. "He took off after Kurapika. He told us to wait here, but there's no way in hell I can just sit here doing nothing!" Leorio responds back, his eyes never once wavering from the traffic filled road. "I'm driving to the Beitcale Hotel but I'm stuck in traffic!" He continues to speak into the phone.

"Fine we'll go after them!" Killua says as he hangs up, but it's clear he continued talking afterwards.

Now, me and Leorio are stuck in the car with nothing but worry and hope for our friends, in our hearts.

"Leorio, I'm going to be calling Hisoka back, please pay no mind to me." I speak up out of no where, as I pulled out my phone and dialed Hisoka's number. The man upfront simply hummed in response.

"My my Black Sheep, you calling me~ What an honor~" The clown like magician says as he picks up the call. "I'm going to cut to the chase Hisoka, what did you need to tell me about?"

The sound of cards can be heard shuffling around on the other side of the line, "Oh~ why now? Like I said~ there really was no later. But..." he starts to trail off, "Now I'm curious~"

"If I tell you, will you tell me what you called about earlier?" I propose a deal, knowing that he'd never tell me without the proper motivations. "Fine~ Anything for information from my favorite little bird." Hisoka responds, a reference back to the Hunter Exams I presume.

"Kurapika is out of the car, and so is Gon, they're both trailing the troupe." I simply respond. "My my~ how intriguing~ I'll send Illumi immediately to go observe~"

"Tell him to bring Kalluto along as well, and to have Lu call me, me and Leorio need to know what happens." I speak up immediately, "Got it~ So Leorio knows?~"

I hum, "Yes he knows." I let out a small sigh, "Now, Hiso, your part of the deal?" The clown laughs from the other side, "Ah yes~ I was just simply going to tell you that he was on pursuit, but obviously, Little Black Sheep already knows that~" 

I shake my head at him, even though the man couldn't see me, "Alright, well thank you Hiso. Bye."

I hang up on him, hoping he does as I say.

          But, only time will tell I suppose...

                             ___________

Word Count: 1177

Short chapter! But it's a chapter!
I'm not exactly sure how this came out but OH WELL-
Anyhows?? I just on the whim came up with an excuse to add more Kalluto sooner than I intended ISHISJS

Oh yeah! Xiao fans, I'm writing oneshots for him on Ao3! Their gender neutral! It'll be under the name "themarsmaiden" tho! ^^

The last time I added a chapter it was October, so I apologize for that, I am deeply sorry, however I got wrapped up with practice for a competition, and it completely wore me out, and I forgot about this book! However it's over now [we lost, but dw it's okay lol]!

As for the Xiao oneshots, they took months to complete and uh some of them technically are two shots- but they're easier for me to write than this, due to this weird awkward part in the story and the fact that I'm fixated on Xiao, I hope you all understand 😔✋

Anyhows!

Wishing update: I've gotten C1 Hu Tao, Xiao, Shenhe, Ganyu, and Ei!! I'm wishing for Kokomi now! I already got guaranteed due to getting Qiqi at nine pity some how?? 👁👁

Yeah-

Righty then-

Have an amazing day/night/morning!
Remember that you are loved <3

Till next time!

Ba-bye!! :D