Chapter 23- Requiem

Several hours had passed since Squala came to feed the dogs, a few of the bodyguards went out in preparation for the upcoming auction, since the event had decided to continue despite the attack. I had been tasked with watching over Neon for a while. With Dalzollene dead, I was the one requested to stay by her side.

The blue haired girl was fast asleep, when my phone began ringing, I stepped out of the room to answer the call, that was my first mistake. I didn't check the caller ID upon answering so the voice that came in was a shocking one indeed.

"(Y/N)! Jeez you finally picked up!" Leorio, the voice belonged to Leorio. "Oh, Leorio, how have you been?" I began idle small talk with him, we hadn't talked properly in months, so I felt it was fitting. "I've been great, how about you? Have you heard from Kurapika? No one has in a while." Was his quick response, the medical students words laced in concern.

"I could be doing better, as for Kurapika, we talked this morning. Me and him coincidentally ended up working the same job together." I could feel the frustration oozing from Leorio even across the phone. "Well tell him to answer his phone-" he responded aggravated, however he stopped himself, changing his tone drastically upon continuation. "Could be better?" He mumbled to himself, "(Y/N), what's wrong?" I shook him off replying "Nothing." Albeit I knew he didn't believe me.

"Lies. I know we've had our skirmishes before, and we haven't seen each other in a while, but I think I should be able to pick up when somethings wrong, so what is it?" His voice was frustrated, yet caring. I sighed, reluctantly telling him half of the truth. "I just dug myself deep in a lie, although it was way to deep the moment I started digging, it now seems as though there's no chance in getting out."

The other side of the line was silent for a good few moments as he thought, Leorio may lack some knowledge, but no where is he a dumb man, I knew he understood and was now analyzing for the best response, or at least that what I hoped. "You need to tell the truth, I'm pretty sure that's the only way to redeem yourself."

I gulped, my voice came out much more tiny than I intended when I said, "But what if telling the truth will result in my death..?"

I heard him sigh, as if he was face palming. "You really dug yourself that deep huh? Well if you have, I won't let that happen. I won't let you die (Y/N)."

"You promise?"

"I promise," he sounded like he wanted to say more, however he couldn't saying that him, Gon, Killua, and a Zepile character where now busy, and that he'd call me back later, to make plans for a meet up the following day or something. So we quickly said our goodbyes, and I headed back to Neons room, to only find that she wasn't there.

My next mistake followed, when I received a text from Unknown, this time it wasn't Shalnark however, it was Chrollo,

"Me and the girl left, let us be dear Black Sheep, this is crucial."

My second mistake was letting that slide. I wasn't aware of the chaos that was about to ensue, the total madness of a requiem.

_____________

The auction was to start soon. Assassins had been gathered on word of another Phantom Troupe attack, rather just in case. Among these people were Lu's father and grandfather, Silva and Zeno Zoldyck. Kurapika had also been called in for support.

I was walking around the auction hall, no reason in particular except curiosity, and was now wearing something much more suited for the occasion at hand.

(This besties ‼️ what ever color you know)

Baise's pearls still adorned my neck, of course they did, I felt I owed it to her. I took a sharp left, rounding a corner, running into someone, however not literally, however who I ran into, was unfortunate.

"Ah (Y/N) what wonderful timing come with me, our symphony is about to begin." My brother spoke, however there was an aura of uncertainty about what he meant roaming in my mind. The most concerning part was the lack of a blue haired girl that should have been with him. We immediately began walking in the direction he decided, I unconsciously following. "Chrollo, where's Neon? What symphony? I need to stay in the loop you know."

"Ah yes apologies, I took the girls Nen ability, and now, Uvogin's requiem is about to begin. You'll watch as I conduct won't you?" He explained as we walked up stairs to a higher level. "I will." Was my response, despite not knowing what he meant, and that may have been my third mistake I made today.

We continued upstairs until we reached a room, a man being the only thing there, big glass windows, and a remote to control them. Chrollo picked up the remote of the ground and tossed it at me, to which I caught. The man once calm, was now fearful upon realizing we were not there for a nice reason. Chrollo's book appeared in his hand, and he muttered under his breath, "Indoor Fish" the fish began eating the man limb by limb, not daring to beat me however. I walked to the window to view the outside, it was burning bright, crimson spread across the street. I could make out screams, although muffled, from upon the glass, and then it hit me. I now knew what symphony meant.

The man was now almost completely eaten, he cried out calling us sick, I internally agree with that notion, as my older brother, the leader of the spiders, explained the Indoor Fish Ability. Silence over filled the room for a moment, nothing to be heard, no that was a lie I heard soft sobs from the man whom was to die soon. Chrollo looked over at me, I understood what he wanted me to do. I fiddled with the remote, opening the window, the sounds of violence on the streets grow louder and the indoor fish disappear.

What's left of the man falls to the ground, leaving a blood trail on the wall and some splatter on the floor. The melody of the gruesome outside fills my ears, as Chrollo begins to conduct. Of course after all, the instruments were the people, and their players, the spiders. It was his job as the head to guide them, in will and in spirit.

Would that make me the audience? I suppose that is the case. The tune was not magic to my ears, every second a waking hell, yet, nothing about me falters. I stay completely silent, completely still, completely what he wants me to be.

                         ______________
Word Count: 1150

Short chapter I know, sorry! I just thought y'all deserved a chapter and that this was a good stopping point :P

I'll try and get the next chapter out fast and with lots of words so stay tuned!

Remember that you are loved!

I wish all of you lovelies an amazing day/night/morning, whatever time it is for you,

Till next time,

Ba-Bye!!