Helping Hand

"By tonight everything will be ready for your arrival." Then Matthew hangs up. I rub his shoulders knowing he's stressed out. It's been a a few mouths since the day in the room. Summer has come and gone. October is around the corner. So that means I have two more mouths of pregnancy left.

With rouges messing with a pack, and the baby coming in a few months, no wonder Matthew is stressed out.

I try to help as much as I can. But he doesn't let me do much, with me, a human, carrying a werewolf, an alpha at that, in only six months is hard on the body. So I need much rest and healthy foods.

Matthew spins around in his chair. Wrapping his arms around me, he puts his face on my big bump.

He likes this position, when I asked him why, he said he can smell our baby boy.

Yes, we are having a baby boy we found out a mouth ago. Matthew knew before it was confirmed. Werewolves can smell the sex of their baby.

"You need to rest baby." His voice is muffled from his face pressed to my stomach.

I run my fingers through his hair. "I'm fine. I need to help the pack prepare for the other pack that's coming tonight."

"It's already done, baby." He rubs my sides. "I had them do it while you were napping."

That makes me angry, but I don't pull away from him. "Matthew! I'm Luna of this pack! I'm supposed to be helping out!"

"You're pregnant baby. The pack understands, they even insisted that you didn't participated in helping out." Matthew puts his chin on top of my bump, as he looks up at me.

I frown. "I feel so useless!"

Matthew stands taking me in his arms. "My love, don't worry. You're not useless. You're helping more than you know."

"I don't feel like I am." My voice is low and soft.

"You're pregnant. You're bound to feel that way. Now come on it's time for you to eat." He picks me up bribal style and carries me out of his office down to the dining room.

I can hear the sound of the pack from down the hall. As we get closer the sound, gets louder.

When we step into the room, Matthew sets me down. With my hand on my bump, I walk to the head of the table.

Sitting down. Chicken wrap with fries is set in front of me by Sandie. Saying my thanks, I dig in.

When I'm done I look around the table. Jason and Zach are sucking faces. They got together a week after meeting. Then a few weeks later Zach told him. He took it well. He didn't scream, only fainted.

Zach and Jason are the cutest couple ever. They balance each other out. As Zach is hyperactive and Jason is the level headed but he's still a weirdo.

Throughout the rest of the day, I took a nap. When it is time for the other pack to get here. Matthew wakes me up.

Getting dressed in a pair of black stretchy pants and one of Matthew's shirts. Putting on my vans. Walking out the closet, I see that Matthew is waiting on me.

I walk towards him, meeting me half way. We walk together out the room. When we get to the stairs, Matthew not wanting me to hurt myself, carries me down the stairs.

When we reach the bottom. He sets me down. Kissing his lips as a thank you. I then waddle to the entrance with him behind me.

We walk until we are in front of the gathering pack. As we wait for the pack to get here, Matthew wraps his arms around me from behind, as he brings my back into his chest.

As I lean back into him. The sound of vehicles reaches my ears. Turning my head. I see five school bus size buses coming down the pavement.

The buses come to a stop. People start to get off the bus. The first one off is a big man with blonde hair and brown eyes. He's a little big smaller than Matthew.

He sees me in Matthew's arms. Stepping up to us. He holds out his hand. "You must be Luna Drew."

I smile and shake his hand. "Hello Alpha John. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Please follow Alpha John. Drew will get everyone settled." Matthew speaks. Turning me in his arms.

He gives me a pointed look. "No walking up the stairs. Have Casey or Erin carry you up them."

"I know. You tell me this every day." I say before pecking his lips. Pulling away, I turn to the pack.

"I have your rooms ready. After I show you your rooms, dinner will be served." The pack nods as I finish.

"Follow me." I show everyone their rooms. It was tiring. The girls would squeal or groan about who they are rooming with.

The guys would fist bump or groan too. It's like they don't like some of their pack mates. It's annoying. From the short time I've been with Matthew's and I's pack, I realize a pack is a family. They act like they aren't.

Casey carries me down the stairs when I'm finished showing the pack. Setting me down at the bottom. I lead the others to the meeting room. It has been transformed into the dinning room. Four long tables have been brought into the huge room.

Seeing matthew and Alpha John already in the room talking. I walk over to them. Matthew sees me, standing up, he meets me half way. Wrapping his arm around me, I'm lead to the chair beside him.

Sitting down in the chair. Matthew then sits down. Everyone starts to help bring in the food. After all of it is brought in, everyone sits down and begins to eat.

Steak and potatoes are set in front of me. My mouth waters. I love steak with potatoes. Food in general.

Eating all the food on my plate, I then yawn. Leaning my head on Matthew's shoulder, I let the darkness surround me.

I don't remember Matthew picking me up and bringing me to our room. I don't remember when I'm laid down, and Matthew crawls into bed with me. I do remember snuggling into his chest, covered in warmth, and having a good night sleep in my mate's arms.