In The Safe Room

The slamming of the door wakes me up. In a second I'm thrown on my back with an alpha wolf covering my body, growling at the intruder.

"You dare walk on my mate and I without knocking!" Matthew's growl shakes the whole house.

"I'm sorry Alpha Matthew, but rogues are attacking the northern border!" The man stutters out.

That has Matthew jumping up and putting on some shorts. I hurry and put on shorts and a shirt. Not comfortable showing my body since I still fat from the pregnancy. I don't know how he fucked me last night. I'm not attractive anymore.

I run out the room behind matthew. I feel pain in my ass. I moan from it. Damn he sure did pounded me last night.

We get down the stairs. A group as formed around the stairs. When they see Matthew, their scared expressions turn relieved.

I love how Matthew can turn a room with just his presence. How he brings courage and relieves a room.

He's a leader.

"Attention!" Everyone settles down and stops talking, looking to him.

"Everyone one but the remaining fighters are to go to the safe room. Guards will be station in the room." He makes sure everyone is listening.

"Go!" He orders. He turns to me presses his lips to mine.

He pulls away. "My mother has Jasper Lance. She's getting the safe room set up. Follow the crowd."

He pulls me into his chest. Wrapping my arms around him, I snuggle for as long as I can.

He pulls me away and gently pushes me to the crowd. I watch as he runs out the door with the remaining warriors.

I turn around and follow the pack to the safe room. Stepping into the dense room, there's couches chairs and beds. A

Two doors with one sign that reads bathroom and the other security room.

I see Matthew's mother holding my baby. Running over to them, I take him from her.

"Thank you for watching him." I kiss her cheek.

"He's my grandson. I'll take him anytime." She smiles kissing both our cheeks. Then she walks away to help the pack.

With my son in my arms I make sure no one is missing. The guards with guns closes the door, locking us in the room.

Looking around the room, I see mates, unmated walking to the security room as the teenagers and children talk and play.

Stepping to the security room, the crowd parts so I can get through. Walking into the room I see three big screens that take up the wall.

On the screen are wolves fighting each other. I look for my pure white wolf. I see him fighting a wolf that has brown fur. He's a few inches shorter than my wolf.

The fly through the air, colliding with each other. Their teeth locking on any bit of flesh.

Dark red spots mats Matthew's fur. He walks with a limp, but that doesn't stop his fighting.

He has a need, a will to fight. He has a mate and a son to come home too. He has a family that needs him more than ever.

The white wolf, locks his jaws around the brown wolf. Jerking his head, his throat is ripped out.

The dead wolf falls to the ground with a thump. Not wasting a second, the white wolf jumps over the body, to attack another wolf. This one bigger than the other wolf.