Chapter 16

I'm not completely happy with how I wrote some of this chapter, but... oh well I guess? I promise next chapters will be little bit better written :)

Thank you to all of my awesome commenters :D you guys really motivate me. And thanks to one of my most recent readers, prettygirlrock2, for giving me that final push to update ;)

Song is "Lead me out of the Dark" by Crown the Empire. It's a fantastic song, and, in my opinion, fits this story perfectly.

Thank you.

Please comment? <3

____________________________________________________

Talie's p.o.v. (same night)

I glared angrily at the history book in front of me. "History book, WHY YOU NO READ YOURSELF?" I yelled dramatically, flopping face down on my bed. I really, REALLY don't like history. I mean it's interesting and all, but when it comes to remembering dates and names? I'm completely doomed.

My phone buzzed on my desk across the room. I pouted, reaching towards it and futility trying to summon it with my mind into my palm. I huffed in disappointment, finally walking over to the device.

I unlocked my touch screen, and saw that I had an unread chain message from James. I opened the message.

It read 'doesn't this whore look familiar?' I frowned, scrolling down.

I choked as I recognized the picture on my screen. It was Tola. She was practically naked, wearing strappy black high heels, bright pink fuzzy leg warmers, what kind of looked like a bright pink bikini top, and black underwear that had thick frills on top like a mini tutu. She had on a blonde wig, blue contacts, and lots of makeup, but I knew that face anywhere.

I scrolled down further, and numbly read 'introducing, the REAL Tola Brooks! can't say I didn't see this coming...'

I felt my knees start to go weak, and fell back into my desk chair.

In the picture, she looked alarmed and distressed, like she was begging. My mouth went dry as I wondered if she had done something with James, and whether it was consensual or not.

Why would she be dressed like that? What was she doing in a bed room with James? Why would she be lying on the bed?

James can't have MADE her do all of this; the hair, the contacts... how would he be able to forcefully applied that perfectly done makeup? She must have done that herself. But why? Was she cheating on me? My heart throbbed painfully.

No, there must be a rational explanation... I racked my brains for an answer, but my head felt fogged over and I couldn't think straight. It felt like someone just dumped a pot of confusion and hurt into my mind. There were too many fucked up elements in this situation.

All I could think was that Tola, my Tola, was in a bedroom practically naked with James, and possibly other men. Did someone force her to do it? I wanted to believe that, but HOW and WHO could force her to do something like this? Her mom? Wouldn't she have told me about that? I've told her everything about me, and I thought SHE told ME everything too... This is a giant lie to tell, if it is in fact a lie. I thought she trusted me. I certainly trusted her.

How much do I not know about Tola Brooks?

~ Next Day at School ~

(Tola's p.o.v.)

I woke up to a wet tongue lapping at my face.

I jerked out of my curled up position, screaming and flailing my arms. What in the fuck...?!?!?