Chapter 8

Okay, so I know I just updated, but after I updated I couldn't control myself and just had to immediatly write the next chapter! I can't control when the urge to write strikes me O_O

Anyway, so I was going to hold off and post this chapter tomorrow or wednesday or friday or something. But since it took me forever to update last chapter, and it's not even that great, I firgured you guys deserved something more after the wait. So, here it is :)

AND IT'S  LONGER ONE!

(omg that's what she said)

hehe I'm immature X3

COMMENT! :D

(James to the right. You're about to kinda meet him.)

______________________________________________________________________

 Tola's p.o.v.

I quickly fled the house, running like a scared dog with it's tail between it's legs. I walked to the nearest bus stop, and sat down on the bench to wait. Placing my elbows on my knees, I propped my forehead on my palms.

Fuck.

God, she knows. That look on her face, the sudden understanding, I know she knows now. She was about to ask me to confirm her suspicion.

What do I do now? What if she's disgusted? I know she was fine about Mikey being gay, but that's not the same thing. I've known plenty of girls who are unconfortable with spending time with lesbians, afraid that they might start hitting on them. What if she thinks I'm a creep? My eyes nearly teared up at the thought.

She shared the same changing area with me for gym. What if she thinks I've been trying to sneak a peak of her or something? What if she cuts ties with me?

...
Oh god, what if she leaves me?

I clenched my fists painfully tight. No. No! Please, don't leave me, not like...

I curled up on the bench and hugged myself tightly. No. Stop. Please, don't remember, don't remember, don't remember, don't...

~Flashback~

I sat on the bus ride home from 6th grade with my best friend since childhood, Thomas. We were laughing about some stupid joke his big brother had told him.

“Hey Tola, when are you going to tell your parents about you liking girls?” He asked out of the blue. I sighed and fidgeted with the string on my hoodie nervously.

“I don't know...” I answered honestly. Thomas placed a reassuring hand on my knee.

“I think they'll understand, Tola. They love you so much,” he said, “Maybe you should tell them today. It's Friday, everybody's in a good mood on Friday,” he pointed out jokingly.

Should I tell them? My mom and dad are the most understanding people in the world, they would accept me, right? They have to. Thomas did, I'm sure they will too.

I nodded suddenly with new-found determination. I'll do it as soon as I get home.

The bus pulled up to my stop and I climbed out. Running home, I burst though the door, already starting to talk.

“Mom, dad, I need to tell you something!” I said. I stopped abruptly when I saw them standing in the living room. Why were they both standing?