Chapter 3

New update :) !
I feel so sad for Tola :(
By the way, Talie is pronounced like Tah-ly, not Ta-ly :3

it's like how you would normally pronounce the end of “Natalie”

Oh and the pic to the right is oh Sarah (who you will be meeting shortly), that jerk! 

Tola's p.o.v.

For the rest of the day, I felt miserable. I dragged myself from class to class, ignoring the questions about my sudden eye color change.

For team concepts, I showed up early to snatch up my gym clothes and change in the bathroom stalls to avoid Talie. I waited in the gym for Mr. Jacobson and the rest of the class. I looked up as the door opened and an angry Natalie stormed through the door with fire in her eyes.

Walking right up to me, she shot daggers at me through her eyes. I forced myself to wrinkle my nose at her, as if disgusted that she was near me.

Natalie's p.o.v.

I stormed into the gym, ignoring the few kids that were already there. The only one I saw was Tola, watching me with a stoic expression as I stomped over to her. As I stopped in front of her, she wrinkled her nose in disgust.

I gaped at her, flabbergasted. Letting all of my anger come forth, I shoved her. “What the hell is your problem!” I yelled at her. She continued to stare at me, expressionless.

It hurt so bad to see her look at me like that. How is it fair that I have to feel this way, when she can just stand there and look at me like I'm trash? What have I ever done to her to make her hate me so much? My heart ached in pain, which turned into anger as she continued to stare at me with distaste drawn on her face.

Drawing my hand back, I took a step closer to her. I was terrible at fighting, I'm sure she could have stopped my hand from hitting her if she wanted to... But instead, I only caught a look of sadness and regret right before I slapped her right across her perfect face, with all my pent up hurt. Everyone in the room gasped and started whispering.

I immediately regretted slapping her, remembering the bruises on her abdomen. But I forced myself to stand my ground, glaring at her. Since when was she such a bitch?

“You're a jerk, you know that? And I wasn't trying to kiss you earlier today, I felt bad for you and was trying to comfort you.” alright, that was a total lie, but I wasn't about to admit that. I myself was still confused about why I had wanted to kiss her.

I could practically feel everyone in the room turn against her. I had a lot of friends in this school, and I was very accepting. They knew that if I didn't like someone, I had to have a good reason. Tola looked like she was having an inner battle with herself. Finally, she looked back up at me. I caught a look of apology and sadness before she wiped her expression clean and slapped me back.

She made it look like she hit me hard, but really she hardly touched me. Shoving past me, she fled the room.

Tola's p.o.v.

I felt like dirt as I slapped her gorgeous face. But I had to do it. Everybody likes Natalie, and when I slapped her I knew that she along with everyone else would never try to befriend me. I didn't care about making enemies anymore. Enemies were easier to handle than friends.