Chapter 9

*Le wild new chapter pops up*

__________________________________________

Talie's p.o.v.

So....

Tola is a lesbian.

Feeling that strange excitement rising inside me again, I groaned and smothered my face in one of my fluffy white pillows. I shouldn't be this excited... it's not as if I'm like her...

Are you sure about that?

Yes. I've never liked girls before. And... I've had boyfriends in the past.

Yeah, but you never really did anything with them... and you never really had feelings for them.

So? I've never felt anything for girls either! Maybe I just haven't met the right guy yet!

Oh, but you have. Except she's a girl.

I huffed in frustration and chucked my pillow across the room. Am I seriously arguing with myself in my head right now?

My cell phone buzzed on my night stand as I received a text from James.

Hey Natalie, good morning! Want to see a movie after school today around 8 or something at the movie theater? You could invite your friends if you want

Sure! I quickly responded.

Why can't I have feelings for James? He's nice, funny, attractive, a guy...

I groaned in self-conflict. It's Friday morning, and I'm taking forever to get out of bed. I checked the clock over my shoulder. Meh, I have time.

I heard a knock at my door, but didn't even have time to say 'come in' before Andy sauntered into my room. Seeing my thrown pillow, she raised an eyebrow at me.

“What's up with the teenage angst sis?” she asked, plopping herself on my bed criss cross applesauce style.

YES, I CALL IT CRISS CROSS APPLESAUCE! GET OVER IT!

“It's nothing, Andy. Don't worry about it.” I replied. Well, what else was I going to say?!? 'Oh hey Andy, so I know this girl I met a while ago that I might have a crush on, and I always thought she was straight until this evening, when I found out she's actually a lesbian and now I don't know what to do'?

Andy narrowed her eyes at me. “Something is up. Tell me. Is it boy trouble?”

I let out a short humorless laugh. “I guess you could call it that.” I responded dryly.

“Is it about the person you went on that date with when you were searching frantically for something to wear?” she pressed. I glared at her.

“I was NOT searching frantically! But, uh, yeah... same person.” I answered awkwardly. She grinned in victory. She made the hand motion for 'go on'.

“Well, I don't know, I think I like this... person, but I don't know what to do about it because this... individual is different, I guess. I'm not sure what to do about it.” I said nervously, avoiding saying 'he' or 'she'. Andy gave me a strange look, but suddenly grinned.

“Oh. My. God. You're totally crushing on a girl!” she exclaimed, clapping happily. I gaped at her.

“NO I AM NOT!” I shouted at her, covering my face in embarrassment. She laughed and gave me a fake sympathetic pat on the shoulder.