Prologue

It was a fairly sunny afternoon. It would have been pleasant for Cersei if she hadn't been in labour since the sun rose. Sweat was bedding on her frow and her twin brother, Jaime, wiped it with a cloth.

"One more push your Grace and it shall be over." Maester Pycelle told her. She would have ordered to behead him if she weren't in so much pain. He had been claiming that it 'would be over soon' since her pains had started. But still, despite her tiredness, she pushed once more with all her strength.

"Here she is, a princess your Grace. Wait for a second, something is holding her foot. It seems there is another child, you shall push again your Grace." The mere thought of having twins made the queen forget about all pains, she had always wished to have twins, just like Jaime and her. However she did not wish upon them the same fate as her and who she hoped their father was, she did not want her children to love each other the same way as they did. It is cruel to have the love of your life next to you since you shared a womb and to never be able to claim their love.

"A boy your Grace, a prince and a princess." Maester Pycelle announced.

"Give me my children and leave me alone with them." She ordered, she wanted to have some time with her lover before her dear husband came back from hunting. As soon as the masters and maids left and placed the two small bundles on her arms she called for her brother to come closer to her. She removed the piece of cloth that covered their heads and her heart swelled with joy as she saw the small mop of golden hair on their little heads.

"What shall you name them, dear sister?" Jaime spoke and broke the silence as well as focused on her newborn kids.

"No, Jaime, we. We are their parents. You have as much right as I do to name them." Her gaze was still on the babes.

"I will always be Uncle Jaime for them. Cersei, have you thought of any Baratheon names? I don't think your husband would want these kids to have Lannister names."

"I don't care about what that poor excuse of a man thinks or says. I have thought about Joffrey, what do you think dear brother? It starts with J, like Jaime." The new mother proposed.

"And also like Joanna, our mother."

Just as she was about to open her mouth to say something else, Robert Baratheon's deep voice echoed through the Red Keep's walls.

"Where are my sons? I believe that woman had twins." Cersei counted to three and as she reached the last number her husband flew inside the room with loud steps. "Give me the babes."

"Your Grace, it is a prince and a princess, not two sons." She explained with her venomously sweet voice. Robert didn't even try to hide his disappointment but went to hold both children at the same time. With his robust structure, Joffrey and his nameless sister looked even smaller. They were tiny compared to the other babies from the court that Cersei had seen. Maybe it was because they were two. That she didn't know. What she did know was that she would love them both with all her heart. No matter what.

"They will be named Bracyus and Lyanna." He stated. There was no way the queen would let her daughter be named after the woman her husband loved. And Bracyus, what kind of name is that? Joffrey is much nicer, she thought.

"No. I have already decided on the names. Joffrey and Joanna."

"But Cersei, I am the father and the king and I get to choose." He roared. Jaime often thought that he indeed had the Baratheon fury in him, his voice was thunderous.

"And I am the queen and their mother and I have been pushing them out of my body for hours. Let me at least name them." She hissed.

"Fine, do as you like, woman. You always do so anyway." With that, he handed her the twins again and left. If only he knew whose children these were.