Chapter 5

"Do you understand, Joanna?" Mother asked me. She had been explaining everything about the blood of the moon since uncle Tyrion had fetched her.

"Yes, mother. Thank you very much." She hugged me and left after reminding me to call her if I needed anything.

After she left uncle Tyrion knocked on the door, which was already open, and went inside the room. He was one of the few people who knew about my problem with flowering. I told him one day in King's Landing, we were walking in the gardens talking and I told him. I love Tyrion I do, but I have always been closer to Jaime. Perhaps because he used to train me with swords when we were little and he always live in the city with us while Tyrion was always travelling. I remember once, we were in Casterly Rock and Jaime trained me for the first time.

It was a very sunny afternoon and the royal family, meaning Cersei and her four kids were spending a few weeks in the rock with Tywin. He had always spoiled Joanna because of her similarities with his deceased wife. Joanna was name 6 days old and was playing in the sand with Joffrey and their mother. Yes, Cersei was lying on the sand and playing. They were building castles like Jaime and she used to do with their mother before she died. Myrcella was only one name day old, so she had stayed with the nurses inside. At first, the Queen wasn't very fond of the idea, but also wanted to spend time with her eldest children, because, since the babe had been born, she had not spent as much time with them. So, there they were when Jaime suddenly arrived, not in his shining armour but "normal" clothes, as Joffrey would say. He sat on the sand next to his twin and saw their children play.

"Uncle Jaime. Can you teach me how to play with a sword?" Joanna asked handing him a branch, another one in her other hand. "Please, I want to be just like you and mother." She poured and looked at him with puppy eyes. Jaime looked at Cersei for consent and she nodded.

"Fine, little cub. Let's get wooden swords to practice with, not branches." A few minutes later he came back with two old wooden swords, those were the ones he and Cersei had used when they would sneak out at night and he would teach her everything he had learned during the day.

"Look mother, look!" Joanna squealed. "I am a knight! I am nearly as good as uncle Jaime!" She moved her sword up and down and waved it in the air with a frown of focus drawn on her forehead.

"Very good, little cub." Cersei looked proudly at her daughter, she looked at her lover and daughter smiling slightly. She saw Joffrey, who was building sandcastles, stood up and walked towards her. He sat next to her and put his head on her lap, he stirred until he found a comfortable position and fell asleep instantly. The mother played with his hair mindlessly while looking at Joanna. How she wished this was her life.

"Uncle Jaime, can you be my father?" She heard Joanna tell Jaime.

"I'm sorry, little cub, but I am only your uncle, your father is the king, not me," Jaime answered though, deep down, he wanted to tell her the truth he knew he couldn't.

"Then, if I can't be your daughter, can I be your squire? I learn fast, uncle Tyrion said it."

"Maybe when you grow older."

"Are you fine, dear niece?" I snapped out of my thoughts with my uncle's voice. I had not noticed I had been smiling like an idiot at my thoughts.

"Yes, uncle Tyrion. I just flowered and I was remembering of when we went to Casterly Rock."

"It was a very nice time we spent there. Why were you thinking of it now, Joanna?" He asked, however, I could not tell him, it had been the first time in which I had thought of Jaime being my real father. It was by the way mother looked at us, mostly, and by the way, he sighed now and then, it was because he knew that that would never be his life, as much as he wished for it. I felt pity for him but, now, I am stuck in the same game.

"I do not know, it just came into my mind." Lie. If the Gods existed, which I doubt, then I, for sure, would be going to suffer in my other life. I had committed too many sins at the tender age of six and ten. I tend to lie mercilessly, I have slept with someone out of wedlock, I am not even married and that someone is my future king and twin brother. Great. Oh, and I also killed one of my septas. Not on purpose, of course, but still killed her. I pushed her down the stairs for insulting uncle Tyrion behind his back, she was old and, as she fell, she hit her head with a stone and opened it in halves, she died a couple of days later. And, the worst sin of all of them, I did not even feel the slightest feeling of guilt. 

Suddenly, a piercing scream was heard from outside. It was Lady Stark. My uncle and I went to see what had happened and found Bran lying on the floor with his legs bent in weird places and unconscious. I looked up the tower and saw a glimpse of what I saw was a blond-haired man. Was it uncle Jaime? If it was then he for sure was with the mother doing God know what. I felt guilty for the little boy. However, I knew that, if it had been me who had been caught, I would have snapped his head out of place and ensured his death. Sometimes uncle Jaime was not careful enough, if the boy lived and remembered what I think happened, my family would be in great danger.