Chapter 15

The second day rolled by and I still hang from the cross. I had lost all track of time the moment the last spike was dug into my skin. I could still feel the blood dripping from the palms of my hand and the soles of my feet. I felt lightheaded and as if I were about to faint. The High Sparrow had a long wooden stick with a cloth attached to its end, he would drip the cloth with water so I could stay hydrated. I tried to fall asleep again, the more I slept, the fast the suffering would go by, right? 

As sleep finally washed upon me, I heard someone calling my name. I looked around, not being able to move a lot without hurting. I groaned at the ache in my neck, I heard my name being called again. It was a man's voice. I tried locating where the voice came from but to no avail. It was, I guessed, midnight as the sun could not be seen, the moon and start shone brightly and there wasn't a single person in the streets of the Capital, which was something very rare. 

Finally, I spotted a warm light coming from a candle. I couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing. I would have never imagined that he would be standing in front of me again. 

"Joanna." He called and I smiled, I hadn't realised how much I had missed him, as much as I was mad at him sometimes, there were things I still needed to tell him. 

"Joffrey! How are you here?" My eyes filled with tears, I had missed his golden hair, his green eyes. I had missed the nights we spent together, the stolen glances in the throne room when our father was too busy whoring around to pay attention to us, the way our hands caressed the other's as we crossed in the corridor. I blinked away my tears and, for a moment, he was no longer there. I blinked again and there he was.

"Joanna, I came here to forgive you. I just wanted to let you know that I know it wasn't all your fault. It was Olenna so I forgive you." That was everything I had wanted to hear since his death. The only thing I sought more that the Iron Throne, but not as much as my family's protection, Joffrey's forgiveness. And, there he was, in front of me with his golden robes and his most sincere smile that made my heart skip a beat. He came back for me.

"I am sorry Joffrey, but I am happy you are here. I missed you, I hadn't realised how much I needed you until I lost you." 

"The same goes for me, my love. When you left to have out baby, I couldn't stop thinking about you, not Sansa or Margaery, just you. I love you, Joanna and, this is something I didn't tell you before, but I want you to know. I don't care if our son was an imp or like uncle Tyrion. He was made out of our love and that is all that matters." I was fully crying now, our baby. The one I had refused to name because it hurt too much, the one Joffrey didn't care about before, but now he claimed to love. 

"We could run away. You can try to free me from here and leave to Pentos. We don't need money, Joffrey, just us. We're the only ones that matter." I smiled hopefully at him and he nodded his head yes.

Jaime's POV

I went to make sure Joanna was still alive and well when I heard a voice. It belonged to Joanna but I didn't know who she was talking to, so I decided to hide behind a wall and listed to the conversation. I saw there was no one but her in the square. Then, I heard it. His name, she was talking to him. To my illegitimate and secret son. To Joffrey. She was talking about a baby and that he was going to rescue her. 

Her hopeful voice made my heart break, she was imagining him, it surely was from starvation and thirst. I had experienced this kind of dreams too, when I was fighting on the was and there was no more food or water. I dreamt of Cersei, telling me, in front of everyone, how much she loved me. Other times it had been Joanna calling me dad, and others, my father telling me he was proud of me. 

I felt sorry for her and decided to try and get her out of there. I went to one of the workshops and grabbed a stair and placed next to her, she didn't even notice me as she was so deep in conversation with Joffrey, now they were talking about how they would marry in Pentos.

"Joanna, I came here for you, be quiet so I can free you from these chains." She kept blabbering nonsense with "Joffrey".

"Look, Joff! Uncle Jaime came to help us escape!" She was so happy that she kept talking louder with every second that passed. I tried to silence her, but it didn't work. She is just like Cersei when she was her age, sometimes. Stubborn and loud.

When I was about to remove the first spike, she yelled in pain and a band of sparrows came towards us. I shielded both Joanna and I with my sword as best as I could. It didn't work and they got me and brought me in front of the king, who didn't seem happy to have been woken up in the middle of the night.

"Uncle Jaime, as much as you love Joanna, you can't break the law. One more attempt of any of this and I will have you have the same wrath as Joanna." Tommen tried reasoning and I looked at Cersei. She had a stern look on her face, she seemed mad, but concerned at the same time.

"You must free her. She was hallucinating with Joffrey! She saw him, or so she claimed." If he had seen his sister like that, he could understand.

Joanna's POV

Uncle Jaime had been taken away from me and I was left with Joffrey again, but, when I turned to face him, he wasn't there. I was a alone again.

It was really cold, probably because I was naked, the only thing I could think about right now was about getting revenge. I would kill every little sparrow until all birds are scared to fly near me again.

I smirked at the thought and laughed. This would be so much fun.

Five days later

I was awoken by the High Sparrow, saying I had cleansed my sins and was free to go. The moment my feet touched the ground, I let myself fall, I was weak and my feet hurt. I had big holes in them as well as in my hands, you could literally see through them. Gregor Clegane wrapped me with a cape and picked me up. Mother came running towards me and engulfed me in a tight hug.

After going to my room and bathing, I put on a nice dress and a maid combed my hair. I ate a bit and the made my way to the Throne Room. It was empty. I walked towards the throne and sat on it. The guards immediately flooded the place and Tommen appeared right behind them.

"Well, well, well. I must say I didn't expect to have such a welcome committee." I smiled fakely. "Let's play a little game, okay?"

Guards surrounded me and aimed their swords at me. I didn't even flinch, I had a plan.

"I will count to ten and you, sparrows, will have to hide within this room. Then, I will look for you from the throne, if I can see you, then you're dead."

"Joanna, who do you think will support you? They are all my Guards." Tommen was mad and desperate. Perfect.

"Well, you mustn't know who protects you very well, if you did, you would have known that these are Grandfather's men. Who now answer to me." I started counting backwards and covered my eyes with my hands, seeing through the holes I had in them. Everyone knew what I was doing and some started hiding, but, obviously, to no avail. When I reached the last number, I uncovered my eyes and said "I guess it's a shame I can see you all. You shouldn't have dug holes in my flesh. Next time you want to mess up with me, think first. Now, and last words?"