Chapter 21

A white walker entered the refuge, the women and kids tried to hide behind any kind of furniture or blanket they could find. The once quiet room suddenly was filled with screams and shrieks of fear. They knew their time had come, they didn't have any kinds of weapons or anything to defend themselves with. A few lucky ones were able to escape as the dead man attacked the others, suddenly, a rush of bravery ran through Sansa's body and grabbed the wooden leg of a table that wad been broken in the ruckus and aimed at the white walker, she knew it wouldn't kill it but at least it would stop it for a while. She rushed Tyrion outside of the room, leaving Cersei behind. Neither of them had noticed she was still there having thought she would have ran away without them.

The white walker attacked the pregnant woman, she fought with all of her strength, she let out a scream of agony and, suddenly, her world turned black. 

Two corridors away, Jaime heard the shriek and immediately recognised it. It was his sister. The love of his life. Cersei. He ran toward where he had heard her and, when he entered the room, he was a white walker kneeling in front of something he couldn't really see but hoped it wasn't what he thought, or better said, who he thought. 

He quickly but silently got of his sword and unleashed it against the beast's back, just as he was about to wield his Valyrian-steel sword, Widow's Wail, his biggest fear became true. What had often been a nightmare of his, turned into reality. Cersei, his Cersei was lying on the floor, her eyes still, her chest not moving up and down as she breathed, her lips slightly parted and one of her hands on her stomach, as if protecting the child inside of her. His eyes filled with tears and, during that exact moment he had tried to process his love's death, the creature had turned around and got ready to fight. 

Jaime fought with all his might, for Cersei, for his now dead unborn child, for his daughter Joanna and for their other three kids he couldn't save. After a few agonising moments, his sword cut the white walked in halves but not before it could stab him in his middle. The lion of Casterly Rock inhaled sharply before falling to the ground, he then saw Cersei's eyes close and open again in an icy blue. She had become one of them and he knew what he had to do. It took him all of his strength to stand up again and get the sword from where the dead walker remained. 

When he turned around and saw her and pale and blueish, his heart sunk. He eyes were no longer green, her blond hair was now whitish and the smile only a few had got to see was gone. She was gone and was only a corpse. 

"Cersei, it's me, Jaime. Can you hear me?" He tried calling her desperately, trying to bling her back. At the sound of his words, he remembered something that had happened decades before. 

"Cersei, it's me, Jaime. Can you hear me? Are you in there?" A Four year old Jaime knocked on his sister's chambers' door. She hadn't come out in a few days and Jaime was worried, he had gone from spending every second of the day with her to not seeing her. "Cersei? Please, if you let me in I..." He tried thinking of something to bargain her with. "I know! I will teach you with my sword everything I know forever. What do you say?" He heard rumbling from inside the room and the knob wriggled, when the door opened, Cersei let him in and locked the door behind them. He looked at her and saw her face was tear-stained and red from crying, her eyes were puffy and her nose runny. 

"What do you want, Jaime? I am not in the mood now. I want to be alone." He, of course, wouldn't leave, he was worried and she wasn't fine. He had to be there for his sister. 

"Why are you sad?" He questioned innocently. Her face rapidly changed from sadness to anger, how could he not know?

"What do you think? Mother died, she is gone and will never come back! How can you be so happy? I seriously don't understand you Jaime." 

"I did cry, I was sad. But then I though of what mother told me before she died, she said I had to take care of you and our brother so, that is what I am doing. I saw Tyrion before, he looked sad. Do you want to go see him?" The girl merely nodded and both of them were about to exit her room when she stopped him.

"Thank you, Jaime. For being here for me."

"I'll always be there for you, Cersei."

"And I, for you."

The two kids went to the kitchen where the baby was being kept so the mid-wives could take care of him. They stood on their tiptoes to see their brother sleeping in his crib. And, that day, Jaime and Cersei promised they would take care of his brother and they did, at least until Tywin Lannister corrupted their minds and made them, especially her, see Tyrion as the monster he saw.

He was pulled back to reality by the sounds of war from the other corridors. He knew he had to do it, he knew he had to be the one to kill her.

"The things we do for love." He whispered before wielding his sword deep into her heart, a few salty tears escaped his eyes, as the same time as life escaped hers. He pulled back the sword and let her body resp on the floor before sinking the weapon deep into his stomach. In his last moments, he lied down next to Cersei's body and wrapped his arms around her. He kissed her forehead once more before joining his parents, kids and the love of his life in the after-world. 

In the room next to this one, Jon and Joanna fought against the white walkers when, suddenly, they banished. They looked at each other before running to the other's arms and kissing passionately not knowing what had happened in the room to their right.