Chapter 11

"Joanna, wake up. Mother wants to see you." Tommen half yelled, half whispered in my ear. I woke up from yet another dreamless night. I didn't dream anymore, I had thoughts, just not dreams. Or nightmares. It had been a few moons since Margaery Tyrell and her family from Highgarden had arrived and she had Joffrey wrapped around her little finger. She was an annoying spoiled brat who just pretended to be good when wasn't. She went to see the poor only because she wanted to be seen as a good queen, she played with Tommen because she knew that, if we liked her, mother would probably not loathe her as much. Wrong. Maybe Tommen did like her, but not me. I hated her. She even stopped Joffrey from coming with me at nights. Not only did I miss the sex, but just having him wrap his arms around me and tell me how much he loves me, to fantasize about the life we could have had hadn't we been siblings or born in the royalty. We would even talk about our baby sometimes. Not anymore, though. 

And, before you say it, I am not jelous of that little, insignificant b-

"Joanna! Come on, we'll be late." My youngest brother shook me. I stood up and he hugged me, though I was older than him, he was now taller. He had grown so much. I wasn't really tall, I just just the same height as my mother. 

I ushered him out of my chambers so I could get dressed, one of my maids, whose name I still do not know after ten years at my service, came and helped me comb my hair. When I finished, I ate a bit of orange to break my fast and left to Mother's chambers. There I saw mother, Tommen, Joffrey and Margeary. Ugh. 

"Joanna! You are finally here, we were afraid you were sleeping after the wine you had yesterday." Margaery faked happiness. I didn't even drink yesterday, I was in my room reading and then uncle Jaime came to my room and we remembered some memories from when he was a child or when I was one myself. 

"I didn't expect to see you here either, Lady Margaery. I thought you would decide to stay in bed all day due to your soreness. You know, after you told me what you would be doing with Joffrey all night." I smiled venomously-sweetly. No one messes up with me. I looked at mother and saw her smirking.

"So, I just wanted to know exactly the colours of your skin, hair, eyes and lips to buy the paint for the family painting Your Grace asked for." The artist explained. I looked at Joffrey with a questioning look. A family portrait? Why? And the most important question, why was Margaery here too? She isn't part of the family, at least not yet and, hopefully, never will. "Who want to begin? Your Grace perhaps?"

"Toady." I coughed, Tommen giggled, Joffrey glared at me and the rest didn't seem to notice and, if they did, they didn't react to my comment. 

"Of course, Ser." He came closer to him and started writing down all his colours, then came Margaery, Mother, Tommen and, lastly, it was my turn.

"Let's see, you have golden hair like the sun, blue eyes like the Dornish sea, white skin like the Winterfell snow and your lips, well, they are red like-"

"Like blood." I cut him and looked at Margaery, Joffrey rolled his eyes at me, but I no longer cared what he thought. She wanted to play with me, I would give her a nice game.

"Yes, yes, like blood." The man nervously chuckled. When he finished, I excused myself and left in the garden. I saw Sansa and her new maid. It was obvious she wasn't a handmaid, but I let it slide. When I saw how scared Sansa looked, an idea came into my head. I approached her and she curtsied.

"Hello, Lady Sansa. I was wondering if you would like to go for a walk, it is a beautiful day after all." She looked at the maid as if asking for permission. The dark haired woman nodded. I don't know why, but she looked very familiar to me.

"I will be waiting for you in your chambers, Lady Sansa. If you need anything, call me." She said with a foreign language. Strange, I thought. We don't have many outlander maids. 

I extended my arm and Sansa took it. She was shaking, that girl is really annoying. How can she be scared all the time? I mean, I understand what Joffrey has done to her, but I've been through worse. I even lost a baby and I am carrying on. 

"How are you, Sansa? Do you still keep in touch with your family in Winterfell?" I tried talking to her with a soft approach, I couldn't make her run away before making her agree to my plan.

"No, my princess. They are traitors, well, were." She looked at her feet.

"I am sorry about your father, Sansa and, luckily, Arya is somewhere safe and sound. Try not to worry much about her. From what I saw, she was a fighter." I smiled at her. I felt repulsed by my sweet voice, if Mother heard me talking like this, or Grandfather. 

"Did you not hear, my princess? My brother the traitor and my mother died in the Red Wedding. Along with my brother's wife who was pregnant." To say I was shocked was a statement. Robb was married? And was about to have a baby? Why didn't I know about that?! He was MY betrothed. I can't say I was exactly faithful to him, but I liked having him like me, or love me as he said. What a bastard. But he was my bastard. Why am I so confused? Anyway, I have been thinking in silence for too long and Sansa was looking at me strangely. 

"I did not know, Sansa. I am sorry for them too." A small, grateful smile was placed on her lips. She is so easy to manipulate. After a few second of silence, I spoke. "I have been thinking, what do you think of Margaery?" Her eyes widened and her mouth fell ajar. What? Can't I ask my ex-betrothed's sister who happens to be my brother's ex-betrothed about my brother's current betrothed?

"She is very beautiful and nice, my princess." 

"Well, I don't like her. Sorry Sansa, I must leave." I ran from her when I saw Olenna Tyrell. I needed to speak to her too. II reached the table, she was sitting at, eating fruit, bread and cheese. Don't they serve the cheese later? Doesn't matter. I always do as I please too.

"Good morning, my Lady." I greeted her.

"Sit down, darling. No need for pleasantries. I heard you hate my granddaughter, don't you?" Wow, straightforward. I can definitely cooperate with her.

"Not hate, just loathe." She looked at me with a knowing look. 

"I know you sleep with your brother. Or should I say slept? That's why you loathe Margaery. Right? He takes all the King's attention from you." I was beginning to get mad but controlled myself.

"And I know you would never want your precious granddaughter married with that monster I have as a brother, do you? I know who he is and how he behaves. I have lived with him all my life. I used to love him, you now? Not anymore, though. I now see what he truly is." I can't believe I'm saying that out loud. I had revealed my deepest thoughts to a woman who wouldn't dare use them against me. And I felt great, the relief that flooded my chest felt better than any time Joffrey and I had kissed after I arrived from the Rock, before Margaery arrived. I was free. I finally found out the truth. The last years, I had only loved Joffrey because he was everything I would never become. An heir. A king. A ruler. He was one, not a good one, but one. I felt so powerful with him because, until a few moons ago, he would always do as I pleased.

"I know you want to rule, but you will never." We'll see about that. "But I can help you get rid of the competence." I smirked.

"More cheese!" She ordered. 

THIS CHAPTER IS A BIT LONGER THAT MOST, ONLY SLIGHTLY, THOUGH. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR COMMENTS AND VOTES. ALSO, THANKS FOR THE 10K READS! i WOULD HAVE NEVER EXPECTED THIS! HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER TOO, I EXPECT YOUR FEEDBACK.