Chapter 13

"Long may live King Tommen, of house Baratheon."

"Long may he live!" The voices echo in my head. It had been a few weeks since Joffrey had been killed. Mother thought it had been Tyrion, however, I know my uncle and, after pleading and even shedding a few tears, I managed to convince her that he was innocent. Sansa, on the other hand, had disappeared without leaving trace. Mother had been conspiring with the High Sparrow and Margaery was, well, she was arrested for perjury. Right now, I am lying on my bed, thinking about Joffrey and his death. Just after the wedding ended, I went to see Olenna, who just threatened me saying that, if I told anyone it had been her, she could betray me and say I was involved, when I didn't know what her plan exactly was. 

"Princess Joanna, open the door now!" My thoughts were interrupted by loud knocks on the door. Before I could react, the door flew open and entered about twenty men dressed in brownish rags. The High Sparrow's men. 

"Do you not know you have to knock on the door?" I asked angrily. "Who do you think you are, opening a pricess's door without permission?!"

"Princess Joanna, of House Baratheon, you are arrested for fornication out of wedlock and incest." I stood out of the bed and the held me up, but not without me trying to fight them back. I managed to get free and got the sword uncle Jaime had given me. I got in position and waited for them to attack me. I don't attack without reason.

"If you don't come with us voluntarily, we will have to take you by force." The Sparrow warned. Now I remember why I never liked that man. He was a bloody git!

"Then, come get me." As soon as those words escaped my lips, the men launched at me. I defended myself with the sword, cutting a man in half and another's arms. Screams were held and blood spilled everywhere. Suddenly, I felt a pang at the back of my head, my vision blurred and it all went black.

...

The first thing I noticed when I woke up was that I was on the floor. And not just any floor, a dirty and muddy ground. There was just a small window in which only my hand fit and no water. I stood up and began walking to the door, when I was tugged back by something holding my feet. I looked at them and saw chains that tied them. I was in the dungeons! 

"Hey! Is anyone there?!" I tried making myself noticed. The door opened and a middle-aged nun came in. 

"Drink." That's the only thing she said, holding a jug for me.

"Wait, what am I doing here?" She started spilling the water on the floor. "No! Stop!" I was thirsty and pissed off, I didn't want that half melted trollop to waste the only water I would probably have in who knows how much time. I tried cupping my hands in a round shape to catch some of it, just as I was to get the first drops, she threw the jug on the floor along with its content.

"Confess and you will get out." She said in her monotone voice. 

"Confess what?" I know my sins, but I didn't know the ones they knew. I didn't want to risk getting caught for something else. 

"You fornicated out of wedlock and with your late brother, King Joffrey." For the seven Gods, they knew? How was that even possible? I mean, the only one who knew was Eddard Stark, and he lost his head years ago. What if he told someone before dying? But, yet again, who? All his family and most trusted men were in Winterfell. Maybe Sansa or even Arya. We don't know where either of them are. I heard Sansa was betrothed to Lord Bolton's bastard, she wanted a king and got a low breed. I wanted to rule and I am in the dungeons. I guess the Gods have a funny way of flipping coins. One in which you never win.

...

After a few weeks of being locked up, I received a visit. It was Mother! But, wait, she had her hair cropped up like a man's. She had bags under her eyes and the skin on her face looked sinked in, as if she hadn't been eating.

"Joanna, my child!" Tears escaped her eyes as she hugged me. My body was sore and every piece of me hurt. I tried hugging her back with all my strength, but it wasn't much I had left. "Listen to me, you need to confess. If you don't, you will be killed. I can't stand another child's death. First Joffrey, then Myrcella." My face went blank.

"What happened to Myrcella?" I started crying, my breaths uneven. My little sister, the only sister I had ever had. She was so innocent, so pure. Was she sick?

"She was poisoned. Listen, we don't have much time. Just confess, it will be better, I had a walk of atonement. I would never wish that for you, but I don't want you to rot here forever." I nodded my head and dried her tears before hugging her again. Then, the High Sparrow entered the room and cleared his throat.

"Have you decided if you want to confess?"

"Yes, I want to confess." I heard a gasp, behind him was Tommen. He probably knew what I was accused of and wanted explanations.

"You need to say your sins out loud." I internally rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"I confess fornication out of wedlock with my brother and king, Joffrey. Well, king before Tommen." I swallowed and looked at my feet, not wanting to see Tommen's face of disgust. He must be ashamed of me right now. 

"As punishment for your sins, the Gods have decided to have you crucified one day for each G¡of the Seven, naked. You will be placed in the square, where the Gods and citizens can see you. Now, let's get ready."