Chapter 1

Just like everyone in the court had predicted, Joanna Baratheon became the most beautiful girl in the seven kingdoms, her mother being the most beautiful woman, how could she not? Joffrey was handsome too, both with golden hair and him with green eyes, hers in blue. The first time Tywin Lannister saw his granddaughter he immediately thought of his late wife. Both had the most beautiful ocean-blue eyes.

Joanna was a feisty girl with a lot of personalities and quick-tempered, she sought revenge and would do anything for her family. Robert, her supposed father, always claimed that she was the exact copy of her mother, that's why she was his least favourite child. He despised Joffrey, but Joanna, that was a whole new level. Everyone loved her because, despite her revengeful instincts, she was sweet to a fault and always cared for everyone, even the poor people of King's Landing.

Joanna and Joffrey loved each other in a way they knew were forbidden, however, they could not help it. You can't choose who you love. These are the words the princess always said when doubts flooded her thoughts. She knew it was a sin, she knew the Gods would be angry at her but she didn't care. She loved her brother with all her heart. She had wanted to ask her mother for advice but decided against it in fear she might not love her anymore.

Despite her father hating her, Joanna was the Queen's favourite, not that she had said it out loud. Everyone could see it by the way she treated her eldest daughter. When Joffrey did something he wasn't supposed to, Cersei wouldn't scold him, she would just tell him to behave the next time. She was a bit harsher with Tommen and Myrcella but had never yelled or punished them in any way apart from going to bed earlier. If Joanna ever did something wrong and it had something to do with Robert, like when she set on fire his beard when she was four, Cersei would praise her. Encouraging her, not directly, of course, to continue causing mischief to her father. Both mother and daughter hated that man with all their strength.

That morning, Joffrey and Joanna were lying on his bed, fully dressed, hugging while he tangled his fingers through her golden locks. She had her head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat, which she found the most soothing sound.

"I think I should go back to my room, dear brother." She whispered against his skin.

"Shhh, no one will find out that you have slept here tonight. And, even if they did, who would care?"

Joffrey never cared about getting caught. He only cared about his sister, the love of his life.

"Everyone would Joffrey! It is not like we are peasants! You are the heir to the crown, I am the princess of the Seven kingdoms and if anyone were to find out-"

She was cut by her brother's soft lips against her own, as harsh and mean as Joffrey was with everyone else, he was tender and kind to his sister. He didn't have to plan it, it just came naturally to him.

"I know what we are, I know who we are. I just wish I could tell everyone in front of the Gods how much I love you." He told her once they broke the kiss.

"I love you too, Joff." She kissed him again. "I just remembered I had to meet with mother to break our fast so she could tell me something."

"Fine. I will see you later I hope?" She nodded and left the room.

As she walked to the dull corridors of the castle, she met her mother as she exited her uncle Jaime's room.

"Morning mother, how are you? Were you with uncle Jaime?" The princess questioned her mother. She had seen her many time with her uncle, be it talking on a balcony or walking in the gardens. Her uncle Jaime was one of her favourite people in the world hence he taught her how to fight with swords. When Joanna was seven names old, her twin brother started learning how to fight with swords, she had begged her father to let her fight with Joffrey but he wouldn't listen. He would always tell her 'that is not what women do'. That was another reason Joanna had to despise her father. However, when her mother heard of her wishes, she asked Jaime to train her in the art of sword fighting. She was a natural with the sword, the spear, throwing knives and shooting arrows. In that aspect she was just like her real father, that is what Cersei always thought when she saw them fighting.

"I am rather well. And you, little cub? And yes, I was with Jaime. You know he is a heavy sleeper and I was trying to wake him up since he has a meeting with your father. Were you with Joffrey?" Cersei explained. She always called Joanna little cub. Once, when she was merely five name days, she asked her mother why she called her that. Cersei told her that that is how her mother used to call her when she was little and since she looked so much like the original Joanna, she thought that it was a good name for her.

"I am well and yes, I was with Joffrey, he lent me his arrows yesterday when we were practising and I went to give them back."

Both Lannister women reached the garden and sat at a table that was already set with bowls of fruit and bread. They sat and began eating silently until the oldest blonde broke the silence.

"So, Joanna, I fetched you to tell you something. As you know, you and your brother have reached six and ten years of age and it is time for both of you to marry. Your father has arranged for you to marry the eldest son and daughter of Lord Eddard Stark of Winterfell. You will marry Robb Stark, heir of Winterfell and future warden of the North." Joanna was speechless. She had always known she would have to marry a Lord and move out, but she had always hoped it would be somewhere closer to home, closer to her family, closer to Joffrey.

"I do not wish to marry him, mother. I want to stay here. Can't I marry someone closer to home or him and move to King's Landing?" She couldn't believe her mother was allowing her father to do to her what her father had done to her when she was nine and ten name days. "Can't I wait until I am older?"

"I am sorry, but your father has already sent a raven North to bring the news."

Joanna stormed off and went to find her father but, instead, she found her uncle Jaime.

"Slow down little cub. What is the princess doing running through the castle's corridors?"

"I need to find that bloody father of mine." She scoffed. She was angry and Jaime could see it. If only she could see he was her father.

"What happened Joanna? I can see something is bothering you."

"I am betrothed to Lord Eddard Stark's eldest son, Robb. But I- I do not wish to go North and marry him. What if he is terrible?" She asked looking at him in the eyes, hers filled with fear and anger, his with pity and sorrow. How much he hoped he could do something for his niece.

"He won't, I promise you that and, if he is, send me a raven and I will come get you no matter where I am. Besides, we still have a moon-long ride to Winterfell, you will have time to think and spent it with your family before the wedding." He tried to cheer her up.

"Thank you, uncle Jaime. I love you, how much I wish you were my father."