Chapter 12

"The wedding will take place on the morrow, and you still haven't picked a dress. Why." Grandfather asked looking at me. He had a serious look in his face.

"I do not wish to go." I answered equally sternly. He raised an eyebrow at me and I did the same to him. He can't challenge me, I am his favourite. I am the reincarnation of my grandmother. The love of his life. He looked away and his eyes softened, at least as much as Tywin Lannister can.

"And why do you not want to go?"

"I hate Margaery. I absolutely loathe her." It was one part of the truth, the other was that I was nervous for whatever Olenna Tyrell had planned. She told me she was going to kidnap Joffrey after the wedding and leave him at some peasant's house, with food and water so he could live happily without disturbing while I got the throne. I don't know why, but I have a bad feeling about this.

"Still, he is your king and your brother and he wishes for you to be there." I shook my head no. Though I didn't love Joffrey the way I thought, he was still my twin and the father of my baby. I didn't want to see him married off. "Please, if not for you then for your Mother, she is being stubborn too about this, why don't you both go together and enjoy your King's  wedding?"

"Fine." I sighed. "I will go, but don't expect me to enjoy it." He came closer to me and hugged me.

"Now, let's go pick a dress for you." He said more blithely than ever.

"Wait. Do you want to help me find a dress? You? Tywin Lannister?" To say I was shocked was an understatement. He wasn't one to show emotion and, definitely, not one to go dress picking with. "Do you actually know how to match a dress with its shoes?"

"Who do you think chose your mother's dresses after-." He cut himself before saying, your grandmother's death. It was still, after so many years, a sore topic for him. Though I didn't like how it made him suffer, I liked that he somehow felt that way, it meant he really loved Grandmother. I wish someone, one day, loves me as much as Tywin loved Joanna. 

"Then, let's go." I grabbed him by the arm and pulled him through the corridors, I reached the main door and ordered the guards to prepare two horses for us. I loved riding and I missed it. Ever since I found out I was pregnant, I hadn't ridden and I thought it would be a nice thing to do with Grandfather, since he was the one who taught me. I saw mother walking with Tommen and went towards them.

"Mother, Tommen. Grandfather and I will go to town to get some robes to make a dress for me. Is there anything you'd want me to bring you?" 

"No, Joanna, just be safe." She looked behind me and saw the two white horses saddled. "Will you be riding" Mother said skeptically. 

"Yes, don't worry, I'll be fine. I have Grandfather and the guards with me." Tommen just hugged me and continued walking with mother towards, I guessed, the gardens. 

I got on the pearly white mare uncle Jaime had given me for my twelfth name-day. I ran my hand through her mane and then started galloping, Grandfather next to me. Once we reached the poorer side of the city, I dismounted Edelweiss, that's the mare's name, and started making my way through the crowds.

Everyone either looked at me in awe and bowed or tried to spit in my face. Great. I finally reached the workshop I was looking for and entered. A, old woman greeted me and began showing me all kinds of dresses. At first I wanted something blue, to match my eyes, but then I thought Margaery's white dress had blue roses in the back and decided against it. After trying several dresses and all of them being dismissed by Grandfather, a nice-looking man entered the shop. He was the owner's grandson and he was seven and ten name-days. He had dark golden hair, which was nearly brown, and sweet honey eyes. His jaw was sharp and his arms well built. 

"I think you should try this one, my princess." He brought me a light pink dress. It reminded me of the clouds back in Casterly Rock when the sun was setting. It had no sleeves and was tight at the top and flowed through different layers waist down. The skirt was covered lightly with crystals. It was definitely one of the most beautiful dresses I had ever seen. When I put it on, I felt like the prettiest girl in the world. The only flaw, you could see all the scars inflicted by my father in my back, as it was low cut in behind.

Grandfather was outside, so I could change peacefully, waiting for me to show him the dress. The elder woman was now with another client so I was left alone with the handsome man whose name I had learnt was Steffan. I looked at myself in the small mirror and decided to discard the dress, I couldn't' let anyone see those imperfections in my skin. Those flaws. As I was about to remove the dress, Steffan stopped me by grabbing my hand.

"You should get this dress. It looks good on you. It doesn't matter if it reveals your scars, they make who you are, they are part of your story. Show the world you are more than just a pretty face." He kissed my hand and left. I needn't say I bought that dress. 

The next day I woke up from my deep slumber being shaken by someone. I opened my eyes and saw Mother. She had her hair up in braids that then fell down her shoulders, a golden necklace and a beautiful dress with Lannister colours. 

"Joanna, the wedding will start in no time, you need to get ready. Your maids have been trying to wake you up, but to no avail. Come on, you don't want to be late."

I quickly got up and ate half a peach. I wasn't hungry that morning. The maids came rushing into the room and prepared a bath for me. They helped me wash and rinse my long, thick hair and my body. When I finished and had dried off, I put on my dress and a maid started braiding my hair and put it in a crown shape. I put on a pair of white shoes and exited my room.

"You look dashing, sister." I turned to see Joffrey smiling smugly. Idiot. I though to myself while giving him one of my fake smiles. 

"You look handsome too, brother."

Uncle Jaime escorted mother and I to the Sept, where I saw uncle Tyrion with Sansa. Grandfather had wanted to marry them, but I convinced him otherwise. None of them wanted the marriage so, why shame them both?

The ceremony went by rather fast, possibly because I was deep in thought about what Olenna had planned. I hoped everything went well. Later, we were led to the gardens where the feast started. Joffrey started mistreating Tyrion and suddenly started chocking.

I ran to him pushing uncle Jaime from my way. What was happening? I panicked. Mother was crying and yelling like mad. Before his last breath, I hugged him and muttered in his ear so only he could hear me.

"I am sorry. It was me. Will you forgive me?" He looked at me with wide eyes and his body stilled.