Black Widow? ⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️

OHIO, 1995

"Ekaterina Alyna Volkova, come here right now!" The mother called her from the kitchen, for a three-year-old, she was quite a handful. That morning, Ekaterina had thought it would be a good idea to dip balls of kitchen paper in water and stick them all over the cupboards and under the table. The mother heard her small, bare feet run on the wooden floor. "Walk! Don't run or you'll hurt yourself." She scolded. Then she heard the footsteps go at a slower pace. She sighed and rubbed her face with her hands.

"в чем дело, мамочка?" What's the matter, mommy? The girl looked at her with innocent, blue eyes. Melina had told her youngest daughter to not speak Russian a thousand times, she was afraid it might blow up their cover. General Dreykov had ordered them to teach her the language for when she attended the Red Room when older and Melina hated it. Every time she would hear her baby voice speak in Russian, she thought of the moment they would have to send her and her sisters away.

"What's the meaning of all this?" The mother pointed at the mess in the kitchen.

"Мне было весело." I was having fun. The little blonde stood on the balls of her feet trying to look as angelic as possible.

Before any more words could be said, a long whistle was heard from outside, Ekaterina ran outside to find her older sisters doing a bridge, Yelena trying not to fall and Natasha making silly faces at her. The three-year-old sat on Natasha's stomach and made her fall from the bridge.

"See! I win! I told you I would!" Yelena starts jumping around celebrating her victory.

"It's not fair! Kat sat on me. She cheated." Natasha accused the little girl who was now celebrating with Yelena.

"It is fair! Me and Lena are a team, we go together!" Ekaterina started running around the yard in circles, Yelena did the same until they collided. Yelena had hit Ekaterina on the forehead with her chin. The older blonde's lower lip was swollen as she had bit it, nearly drawing blood from it. Kate had a big forming bump on her forehead that was already turning a dark purple. Being albino made her bruise more easily than a normal kid. Yelena yelled for their mother, who came running from inside the house.

"What happened?" Melina asked crouching next to her youngest daughters.

"They collided and fell." Natasha explained looking at her mother worriedly.

"Oh, you bumped you heads?" Melina said in her baby voice and Yelena and Ekaterina both nodded. "Kiss it better. There you go." She wiped their tears with her thumbs after pecking both of their foreheads. "Oh, come one little ones, you're okay."

Both girls stood up and Natasha went to the swings now that she knew her sisters were alright.

"Come on, you are brave girls. Your pain only makes you stronger. Right, you?" She questioned her oldest.

"Yeah." Natasha answered while swinging up and down.

"Look! Forest stars." Little Yelena pointed at the fireflies that were glowing around the green trees.

"Don't be silly. They are lamp bugs." Ekaterina stated knowingly. Before the two could enhance into a battle of I know better than you, Melina intervened and explained them about the fireflies and that they are part of the Lampyridae family.

"Bio-goomin-feasants?" Yelena tried to copy her mom.

"No, it's bio-loom-peasants, right mommy?"

"You are both right." She assured them chuckling lightly.

"See, Yelena. I am right. I know it because they are peasants that make light for the bees, that are the queens." The three-year-old started rambling about insects and princes and princesses while Yelena listened carefully and nodded in agreement.