Chapter 29: 𝐝𝐞𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦

["𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒎𝒊𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒍𝒆𝒔 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏, 𝒊𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒚 𝒅𝒂𝒚, 𝒂𝒏𝒚 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆

["𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒎𝒊𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒍𝒆𝒔 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏, 𝒊𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒚 𝒅𝒂𝒚, 𝒂𝒏𝒚 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆."]
_____________________________________

"𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭! 𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞! 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭!"

-Natsu Dragneel
_____________________________________

Max versus Warren. Winner: Warren.

Visistar versus Nab. Winner: Nab.

Laki took out four people.

Macao versus Wakaba is still ongoing.

"Enough! Stop this, you foolish children!" Makarov hissed. He looked like he could collapse any moment from stress.

"Rune traps have been laid all's round the city. The people trapped inside them are forced to fight each other according to the rules..."

(Y/N) summarized the whole situation. She bit her lip in pain. "W-Why..."

"That's the Battle of Fairy Tail that Laxus talked about just now."

"But why?!" Natsu roared, clenching his fists.

"I don't get it!" He, then, squeezed his eyes shut, grimacing.

"Natsu..."

"LET ME JOIN AS WELL!"

"That's what it's about?!"

"What's with this invisible wall?!" Natsu complained, pushing himself against the barrier.

Makarov's arm grew and he lightly hit Natsu on the head with his hand.

"And what do you intend to do by joining this ruckus?" He chastised.

"It's a tournament to decide the strongest!"

"How is this a tournament?"

Makarov sighed, and crossed his arms.

"This is all Laxus plan to force us to annihilate each other. Unless we can defeat the Raijin Squad within the time limit, Erza and the other girls will be put into harm's way... Everyone is giving their best to prevent that! To get the whole situation under control, we cannot charge in like that!"