Chapter 17: 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐩!

["warning! the moon's acting up!"]

___________________________

"Fairytail. It' seems so friendly.. so fun... so warm.. as though even if it's raining outside, in the guild the sun is always shining..."

-Juvia Lockser
___________________________

"Deliora..."

"This is the demon your master sealed away?"

"Yes. No question about it."

"You're saying this was brought here from the northern continent?" (Y/N) questioned. Then this could be...

"Could this demon be the cause of this island's curse?!" Lucy exclaimed.

"It's definitely possible. This demon is still alive and all..." Gray answered. Gray really does despise this creature a lot, huh?

"Alright! In that case, I'll give it a beat-down of my own!" Natsu grinned, cracking his fist.

"Why is brute force the only situation you can ever think of?"

"Just watch!"

Before Natsu knew it, Gray punched him.

"Gray hit him!" "Though that's nothing out of the ordinary!"

"Hey, you...! What the hell was that?!" Natsu yelled, before noticing the look on Gray's face. Fear, anger, and mostly sadness. (Ayo, ! Calm ur boyfriend down.) He knows this isn't something to be carelessly screaming about now- it's not like their usual brickering over stupidest things.

"Stay away from this ice, fire wizard!" Gray yelled back at him, stating it as their normal bickering but it was certainly something more deeper due to his tone.

"If the ice melts and Deliora wakes up, no one will be able to stop him!"

"What?! You really think it'd be that easy to melt?!" Natsu retorted.

This caused Gray to shut up and look down at his foot in realization.

Then, after a moment of silence, he finally said something. "No..." He admitted, it was foolish of him to have done that when he knows that fact.

"Are you okay?" Lucy patted his back.

"Hey! That punch was for nothing, then! Man, you're violent!"