Chapter 40: 𝐠𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬

"Fear is not evil. It tells you what the weakness is. And once you know your weakness, you can become stronger as well as kinder."

-Gildarts

_________________________________

"... Lisanna!"

(Y/N), who was cooking for Natsu and Happy, stopped on her track when she heard his cries. She turned off the burner where she was cooking a hot, pot stew beef and chicken just to not burn down her house and rushed upstairs to her room where Natsu was resting.

Once she entered her room, she noticed Natsu being frozen, like he was in state of shock. But then he sighed. "Just a dream, huh?"

(Y/N) raised her eyebrows.

As she recalled, he mentioned Lisanna. Their old friend who... passed away, didn't she? She sighed. How long has it been since then? She still visit Lisanna's grave every now and then... but boy does she still miss her warm hugs and smile.

"Natsu? Happy? Are you guys awake?" (Y/N) called out with her usual tender smile and walked up to them. She opened the curtains, and grabbed the blanket covering them. "Breakfast is ready!"

"(Y...Y/N)?" Natsu muttered, looking at his surrounding. Oh, right. He did crash into her place last night because he was so exhausted from the job they did.

"Wait, breakfast?! Oh man, testing (Y/N)'s delicious food in the morning!" Natsu grinned and already rushed out of the room.

"Natsu...?" Happy groggily said, being the next to observe his surrounding. (Y/N) laughed. Oh, like his owner. "Come down, Happy! Breakfast is served!" She repeated, watching Happy fly from the bed. She placed the blanket accordingly, and went downstairs before Natsu could clobber the entire stew. Happy followed along, chattering how loud Natsu is in the morning.

After that, (Y/N) entered the guild- as usual, rowdy and cheerful- to see Lucy, Wendy and Carla.

"Looks like both Carla and you, and Wendy have gotten used to the guild." Lucy mentioned, seeing as they are casually doing their own things.

"Oh, and, hey (Y/N)." Lucy greeted when she saw (Y/N) going to them. When she did, she sat down next to Lucy, just joining in the conversation.

"Yes!" Wendy nodded.

"She's especially glad about the women's dorm." Carla referred.

"By the way, why aren't you in the dorm, Lucy-san?" Wendy asked with curiosity.

"I only found out about the women's dorm recently..." Lucy muttered, recalling when she first got wind of it when she saw the mysterious request for the dorm.

"And it turned out the rent in the dorm is 100, 000 jewel... if I'd gotten a place there, I wouldn't be able to pay that much lately." She sweat-dropped.

"BIG NEWS!" Warren and Max busted inside the guild. When they did, though, the bell chimed -- already telling the guild and town what was their news.

"What is it?"

"The bells are ringing?"

"Them ringing like this means..." (Y/N) smiled, a certain person coming up into her mind. There could be only one person who needed this.

"Gildarts has come back!"

"GILDARTS!" Everyone cheered in happiness.

Lucy blinked, not expecting this much reaction at the bell ringing. "Gildarts? I've never met him. Who is he?" She asked, looking at (Y/N) for more information.