[Chapter Twenty]

One year ago today i finished writing Dominating Desires, wow how the time had flown. hope you enjoy the update :)

Happy Valentines Day! (2015) <3

Chapter Twenty

Saturday came and it was full bride mode, thing were going to get done today damn it, Chase and I had an early appointment with the bakery that had done Riley and Monica's cake and then it was time for a dress fitting with my girls and Chase's cousin Trista flew in for the week so we could get hers fitted, she was the closest thing he had to a sister but she lived two thousand miles away.

Chase and I sat down and they brought out a bunch of different cakes and frostings that we could try it with and the combinations were endless, there were just so many choices thankfully she also brought out samples of popular flavors together to try.

We weren't going to have a huge wedding but it wasn't going to be particularly small and I wanted something a little different with my cake and Chase, well he didn't care. As long as it tasted good it could be shaped like a zombie.

"How are you two today?" Mimi asked, she was a sweet older lady and had helped with my mom and dad's cake.

"We're good." I gave her a hug.

"I always knew this day would come for you two, he looks at you now like he did when you were a young girl." Mimi said and I smiled affectionately at him, I don't know how I missed it all those years. I still don't see it sometimes but to everyone else it was always obvious, I guess he didn't care to hide his feelings for me from anyone else.

"Told you." he said as he hugged her as well, I didn't believe him at first and he had to make that comment every time someone said something like that.

"Now do you have a vision for your cake?" Mimi sat down and I talked about it while she drew it and in the end I was very pleased.

We were going with a square cake that had a quilt looking texture with little balls and the tiers were off centered and the corners were all pointing in different directions.

"And how about you Chase, what do you think?" Mimi asked

"I just want to eat the cake." He had been eyeing the samples that had been teasingly placed in front of us and he looked ready to devour the entire table. Mimi laughed as did her granddaughter who now ran the place.

"I hear Brylee's a fan of chocolate so we're going to start out with a chocolate cake with chocolate in the middle with strawberries as well." The combinations were cupcakes that they made, which was smart so they didn't have to make an entire cake for one little thing.

I was in heaven as I ate it though, the strawberries really made the whole thing just that much better and I think Chase agreed as he took a second bite.

"What do you think?" Sammie asked

"I think you guys are geniuses." I loved cake, I loved all things sweet and chocolaty and bad for you but when you threw fruit in with it I was in love.

"Now a pink champagne cake." Mimi said and my eyes watered and she placed a hand on mine. Every time I thought that I could do this something like this happened. No little girl ever dreams of planning her wedding without her mother.

My parents had a pink champagne wedding cake and every year on their anniversary they would come to Mimi who would make them a personal cake that looked like their wedding topper, I would always see the way they looked at each other as they shared it late at night.

Riley and I would sit on the stairs and watch them laugh as they fed the cake to each other, my parents loved each other so much, my father tried to sacrifice himself to save her but it just didn't work out that way. He would have taken a bullet or a speeding car for her, for us.