[Chapter Seventeen]

Chapter Seventeen

With Chase and I finally working things out it was time to work things out with my brother. I feel like someone just did surgery on our relationship and put a big band aid over it like it would solve the problem. I know he gave his blessing for this marriage but it still just wasn't right between the two of us.

I called him and we decided that Monday we would go out and take a long lunch, just the two of us. We needed to fix our problems before Chase and Riley could repair their friendship. I know they still cared about each other but they were both being stubborn and holding onto their grudge and not wanting to admit their own faults.

It's painful but our baby is gone, they aren't coming back and we need to accept that. It's no one's fault and I don't blame anyone. Riley's getting help and he knows he screwed up massively. Chase and I did see each other behind Riley's back and not just that, but we lied about it. We messed up.

We all have reasons to be angry with each other and hate each other right now but it's not going to get us anywhere, blame on top of blame and hate on top of hate is just going to make things worse and it is, we need to talk it through and forgive one another.

"So what did you want to talk about, sis?" he sat and asked with a huge smile like this was normal for us when it wasn't anymore, sadly.

He's my twin so obviously I've known him his whole life and I know when his smile was as fake as a three dollar bill.

"Cut the shit." I crossed my arms and leaned back in my chair and he did the same, we stared each other down until the waitress came for our order, we didn't need a menu and we barley spared her a glance as we stayed locked in this staring contest.

"Fine, what?" he asked me and the smile was gone and irritation was left, that's what I expected from him with me and I didn't blame him, I was annoyed with him too.

"How is AA going?" I asked and his jaw clenched

"None of your damn business just like your relationship with my former best friend isn't mine" He was exceptionally irritable right now; I at least thought we moved past this.

"Oh stop it and stop being a child. Your life is as much my business as mine is yours. So stop being an ass and tell me how you're doing." Granted I've been acting childish but I'm at least trying to admit my mistakes and make them better.

He glared at me for a minute but I didn't back down.

"Fine, it sucks. I want a drink and talking to you makes me want two."

"Ouch." I said and he shrugged.

"Out of the three people I trust in the world, I trusted you the most."

"I know and I lied to you, we were going to tell you and I know you don't believe that but we were worried about your reaction to it, we didn't hide it for any other reason because there was nothing to be ashamed of. I know you're pissed but you have no right to control my life."

"I never tried to." he said

"Isn't part of your whole rehabilitation to not lie and make amends?" I asked him and he frowned

"I tried to protect you." well that was a step in the right direction.

"I'm an adult and I deserve my own life with someone I love and who loves me, don't I deserve to get married and have children too?" I asked and he frowned and cringed

"No, you should be a nun." I gave him the look and he cracked a small smile

"Really?" I asked

"No, I just don't want to think of my sister doing those things, that's gross. And with my best friend, ugh." He cringed again.