[Chapter Forty]

I hope you read this and can feel the same amount of joy for them as i do. 
It doesn't matter if they're real or not, i still love them and i'm so glad to finally be writing this part of the book. 

Chapter Forty

The day after Rochelle's wedding I met her for lunch, I wanted her to know about everything before she went on her honeymoon so she didn't have to worry about money or limiting anything when she was away and I also couldn't hold it back any longer

I promised my parents when I read the will, though they were already dead, that I wouldn't tell her until she was married, it's been a really hard secret to keep.

"Hey." She smiled at me as she slid into the booth across from me.

"Sleep well?" I asked and she smirked

"Not at all, how about you?" she asked as she took a bite of the chocolate cake I ordered her, her favorite from here.

"Actually I did, I'm exhausted lately." I was always tired and I knew it was only going to get worse.

"Oh I bet. Any plans on how to tell him?" she asked me

"I told him last night." I smiled remembering it all.

"Oh my god, what did he say?" she asked

"He was so excited Rochelle, he cried and he's been touching my stomach all morning bugging me about going to the doctor. He wants to see for himself that there is a baby inside here." I put my hands on my stomach.

"I thought so, I'm so excited for you, and you're going to be a mom! When are you telling Riley?" she just wanted everyone to know.

"Monday after our appointment. You know, this isn't why I asked you to meet me girl, I wanted to talk about you." she just waved her hand in dismissal

"Oh whatever about me, baby is so more important." She took another bite of her cake

"Rochelle, you just got married yesterday, that is more important." She just shrugged

"You've been waiting for this for a long time and you deserve it, I want to gush over it and talk about it excessively because we finally get to have babies together." Michael wasn't even six months old, they would be pretty close in age, maybe a grade apart growing up and I was as excited as she was but I didn't want her to just focus on that, yesterday was a big deal.

"And you've been waiting to be married for a long time and I want to talk about that." I argued

"We have a kid together already, it's whatever." She tried to play it off.

"Don't argue with me, I'm the moody one and I said we're talking about you so stop. We can talk none stop about babies when you get back from your honeymoon but until then it's all about you, no arguing." I added at the end because I knew she wanted too.

"Fine." She sighed

"Okay, I wanted you to meet me for a kind of official reason actually." I grabbed my purse and pulled out the paperwork I needed.

"What?" she asked confused

"Mom and dad's wedding gift to you in a way." I handed over the paper to her. There were some things I changed of course, when Michael was born a college fund was set up in his name just like with Lina, Mia and Miguel and just like there will be with my child.

"They took care of his college?" she asked me

"I set it up just like they set it up for Lina and Mia, as it will be for all of their grandchildren." I grabbed the folder again and shuffled through the papers until I found what I was looking for, there was a letter to her that was still sealed and I had no idea what it said but I assumed that it was a lot like the one they left me, a letter in case they weren't there to see us get married.