[Chapter Forty-Eight]

Chapter Forty-Eight

Chase and I threw a barbecue in the back yard and invited not just the usual people, but Rodger, Debra, Greta, the owners from the Cuban restaurant, a couple employees who were friends, some friends who were around from high school or college and a couple other people totaling over fifty.

It was nice to have so many people around. I isolated myself so much from them and until I went to plan my wedding, I didn't realize just how much. Linda was probably the most excited to know what we were having.

We had done the typical yet fun thing and asked them to wear the colors they thought the twins would be and we took bets as well. Riley and Chase manned the barbeque to feed everyone and some people brought salads and pastas, we made the dessert with the filling.

In this case it was cake dyed pink with blue icing.

Chase and I had talked off and on and on and we decided to name him after his grandfather. I knew I hated matching twin names, but these two just went perfectly together and ever since we said it, we were pretty set on the name.

We decided that we didn't want to keep the names a secret from them, we wanted to share all the good and adorable news that we could until someone gagged, probably me. I would smother them with joy and they would like it.

"Do I get a hint?" Rochelle was dressed in pink and I shook my head as we both took a drink of our water. Everyone knew Rochelle was pregnant too and I was happy to know that no matter what she had, we would have either sons or daughters together.

"You get to find out with everyone else, you already knew about them first." I was bursting to tell her the news first, but I don't think she could keep this secret too. One big one a year was about her limit.

"Congratulation." Amy was a girl we went to college with, she had two beautiful kids of her own and she came to give me a hug. I hadn't seen her in a couple years but we did try to keep in touch.

"Thanks Amy." I told her warmly, I really appreciated everyone who showed up.

"I couldn't believe it when you told me it was Chase though; I didn't think you two were like that." I had gotten that a lot, until we had sex I didn't think we were like that either.

"It was a surprise to almost everyone, including me. We're happy though, we start painting the nursery over the next month and then we can get everything settled. We're planning a baby shower in six weeks." Now that we knew what they were and everyone else would too, we could actually plan one of those.

There was a lot of work that went into preparing for a baby and I knew that when they got here, it would be exponentially more difficult, but every sleepless night and all the pain would be worth it. Any loving parent would think that.

"I'm looking forward to the big reveal." She left so I could talk to other guests we had over and I was getting nervous for some reason, maybe it wasn't nerves and it was hunger and excitement; I didn't know.

I grabbed a plate of food and ate as I talked to everyone and like always, Chase and Riley were amused by me, but at least I wasn't the only one who always had something to eat in her hand.

Rochelle looked like she hadn't eaten in a week by the way she was scarfing down on anything and everything in sight.

"When do you want to do this?" I hadn't realized Chase left the grill until he was behind me.

"When people finish eating, then we can cut the cake open and people can eat that. Let everyone have some fun first." I knew it was about us, but some of our friends hadn't seen each other in years and It looked like they were having a good time catching up.