•one•

Dᴀᴛᴇ Sᴛᴀʀᴛᴇᴅ: ᴍᴀʀᴄʜ 12, 2021
Dᴀᴛᴇ Fɪɴɪsʜᴇᴅ: ᴊᴜɴᴇ 14, 2021

Dᴀᴛᴇ Sᴛᴀʀᴛᴇᴅ: ᴍᴀʀᴄʜ 12, 2021Dᴀᴛᴇ Fɪɴɪsʜᴇᴅ: ᴊᴜɴᴇ 14, 2021

—"Y/N!" you heard your mom shout.

"yes?" you shouted back, but was greeted back with silence. "yes?" you shouted again. you sighed and started to walk out of you room and muttered, "i swear, you do this every time. you become deaf every single time i respond-"

"what was that?" you heard her say.

"nothing."

"that's what i thought." she dug in her purse and handed you some money. "i want you to go to the gas station and buy some more milk. there's some extra money for snacks, too."

"mama, we just moved to japan. you expect me to know how to talk in japanese?" you whined.

"tell me how to say 'hi'," she put her hand on her waist.

"konnichiwa?"

"how do you say good morning?"

"ohayō?"

"how do you say goodbye?"

"sayōnara?"

"ight then, you'll be fine!" she shoved you out the door and slammed it. you groaned and made your way to a local gas station. you saw a group of boys hanging out in front of the store, they seemed about your age. they glanced at you for a second before going back to talking to each other again.

you walked in the store, grabbed some milk, and looked for some snacks, although, you couldn't read most of them. you just took some that looked cool to you and walked up to the cashier.

"konnichiwa," the man said with a small smile and scanned your food.

"uh, konnichiw-aH." you wanted kill yourself then and there for that stupid voice crack. "uh, s-sorry. oh, shoot, we're in japan. uh- i don't know what sorry is in japanese-"

the cashier chuckled a bit. "you're a foreigner?"

you let out a huge sigh of relief. "you could've told me you spoke english! that was embarrassing."

"i like messing with foreigners," he put all the food into a bag and handed it to you. "have a nice day."

"thanks," you mumbled, still a litter embarrassed by the encounter took the bag. i walked outside the store and bumped into someone, making me drop my bad and everything in it.

"excuse you!" i winced and rubbed my nose. i opened my eyes and see that it was one of the boys in front of the store. he had black hair with the tips of it dyed green. he also had freckles all around his cheeks.

"a-ah! g-gomen nasai!" he blushed and bowed down in front of me, which i thought was weird.

"huh?" i said. i had no idea what he just said. "u-um, i don't speak japanese well?"

he looked up at me and chuckled awkwardly. "o-oh. you're a foreigner." he bent down and picked up my bag and handed it to me. "sorry about that."

"it's nothing," i replied and took the bag.

one of his friends spoke up to me. he had a unique look. half of his hair was dyed white and the other half red. he had a big red scar covering his left eye. "you seem about our age. what highschool do you go to?"

"well, i just moved here. i'm going to start going to go to a school called 'u.a.'? i think."

"ooh, that's the school we go to!" one blond kid says. his other friend who had his hair dyed red smiled at me. the last kid also had blond hair, but it was more spiky and more of an ashy blond color. he glanced at me for a second before looking away.

all of a sudden i felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. i picked it up and saw my mom was calling. "shoot."

i answered the call and braced for impact. "hey mom."

"y/n m/n l/n! i'm waiting for my milk! how long does it take you to buy some milk and snacks?!"

i rolled my eyes. "i'm coming now." i hung up and put my phone in my pocket. a gave the boys a small wave before walking. "bye y'all."

"bye mystery girl!" the blond kid yells as the rest of them wave.

i finally made it home and was greeted with a smack on my head.

"what took you so long?" she yanked the bag out of my hand.

"i met some people," i winced and rubbed my head.

she gasped and smiled at me. "aw, you making friends already." she handed me the bag after she took out the milk.

"bipolar much," i mumbled. i took it back and went my room.

"what you say under that breath of yours?!" i heard her scream and i groan.

"nothing!"

"it had better been nothing, or i'm comin' up there and whooping your ass! you better be learning japanese right now 'cause you got school next week!"

"yes ma'am!"