Chapter 10 - Kiss and Make Up 2

Zack passed through the long corridor and kicked the next door down.

"Why hello, Isaac!" Cathy was sitting on top of a large stage.

Zack pointed his scythe at her menacingly and narrowed his eyes. "You"

"You're welcome" she winked. Winked! Zack was seething.

"Although that's some seriously shitty aftercare Isaac. I expected more from you. Just having your wicked way then dumping the poor girl? Ugh. Where are your manners!"

Zack was getting angrier with every word. He let it happen. He let the bloodlust take him over. He was going to make her pay.

Zack threw his scythe at her. It hit a glass wall protecting the stage he didn't know was there.

"Haha! Do you think I'm as stupid as you? Of course I have protection here. I'm untouchable. This is my fun house."

Guns suddenly dropped from the ceiling. Zack growled. He jumped out the way as the bullets came down. He picked up his scythe.

"Seriously? You just gonna shoot me down just like that? That's no fuckin' fun!"

Cathy stood up. This was her fun house.

"After all that. Turns out you're just a borin' bitch aren't ya? Tch! I expected more from YOU"

He swung his scythe over his shoulder. There was no getting through that glass. He had to get her to lower the glass.

"You're all talk"

"Fuck you, Isaac" the glass lowered. Zack smirked to himself. Gotcha.

Suddenly sirens started blaring. Even Cathy looked surprised. This was clearly not part of her plan.

"Stick to the plan Cathy." Danny. What the fuck was he doing here.

"Hey! What the fuck are you doin' here!? I coulda sworn I killed ya already"

"You really are a monster Zack. Leaving YN in that state. All alone, so weak, so vulnerable..." Zack's eyes widened.

Zack ran out. YN...

Danny turned to Cathy. "He would have killed you"

"Hah! Not this time! This time I have-"

"Do you want to win or not Cathy?"

Cathy's eyes narrrowed. What a stupid question. Of course she did. But YN and Isaac, or rather YN, were clearly getting smarter each time and spoiling the fun. She wanted to win, be famous! Have a grander stage! More fun!

"... yes Danny."

"Then stick to the plan."

"I have! Zack took the injections you gave me and he took them all, as you predicted. Did you know he would react like that? You're one sick and twisted man Danny, I love it!"

Danny smiled to himself. Let's see how YN feels about you now Zack, now she's seen what a monster you really are.

*****

Zack had never moved so fast back down the corridor. He practically skidded to a halt in front of you.

"YN!!"

You were standing now "What is it?!"

"Are you ok?!"

"Yes I'm fine"

Zack was confused. The marks had disappeared from your jaw and neck. The shake had gone, your face all pretty and perfect again, and you were moving normally. Zack didn't meet your eyes. He was just looking over you confused as hell.