Chapter 18 - Exit

You didn't know how long you stayed on Zack's floor. Could have been days. Could have been weeks. You were enjoying your little bubble of just being with each other. Sometimes you talked. Sometimes you messed about around the floor. Most of the time you were having sex. Anywhere. Everywhere. A lot. You couldn't get enough of each other. Completely consumed by love and lust. Always hungry and eager to have each other over and over again. You didn't want it to end.

You woke up from the middle of sleep one night (or was it day? You didn't even know) and was throwing up. You just made it to the bathroom. This was the 3rd night in a row. Zack was sitting with you on the floor and had your hair back and was stroking your back with his other hand.

When you had finished you wiped your mouth and pouted at Zack.

"I'm sorry"

Zack shook his head "Don't even"

You slumped to the side into Zack's chest. He rested his head on yours, circled his arms around you and continued to stroke your hair. You were so tired. So was Zack. He tried to stifle a yawn.

"Thanks for looking after me" you mumbled.

"I'll always look after ya YN" he kissed the top of your head "always".

Zack was worried about you. 3rd night in a row spilling your guts. You barely ate. You fainted yesterday. It was time to get outta here before you got any worse.

It took some effort but you pulled yourself up enough to look into his eyes. You could see it. The concern. It made you feel anxious. You knew what he was thinking. You didn't want to go! But you could tell he wasn't going to allow it much longer.

"Maybe we should leave now. Continue this outside yeah?" He brought his hand up to your face and stroked your cheek with his thumb

"I'm OK!" As soon as you said it you were hit with another wave of nausea. You were throwing up again. Zack was back to holding your hair and stroking your back.

"YN..."

You finished and slumped back down into him. "Fine" you didn't have the energy to argue or resist. You were already falling back asleep. He scooped you up and carried you back to the sofa and wrapped you up. You whined when he tried to break contact. Zack got on the sofa with you and held you against him. You fell asleep instantly, clinging to him even in your sleep. It was the only way you could sleep recently. Wasn't enough for him to be next to you, you had to be on him like a koala. It was cute.

As little as Zack knew about biology, this wasn't right. You had ups and downs, fine one minute exhausted the next. Then this nausea. In fact it seemed a lot like... he couldn't even say it in his thoughts. Fuck! He wondered if you thought it too. You were much smarter than him you must have thought it. You two basically at it like rabbits for weeks, had to happen sooner or later. Shit. Probably shouldn't have wasted so much time down here. It was decided. You were leaving. As soon as you were awake and had the energy you were getting the hell out of here.

It didn't cross your mind at all. You didn't tell Zack but you were having flashbacks, nightmares they were more vivid every night. Memories of failed attempts to leave. Memories of Zack dying before your eyes, killing himself or letting himself be killed in so many different ways. It made you sick, literally. And you couldn't sleep so you were constantly tired. You had PTSD from 2 years of hell slowly coming back to you. You were so grateful you had Zack. He was being so sweet with you. So protective, even more so than usual. You knew you were getting clingy, you couldn't help it. You needed to make sure he was OK. It scared you more than anything the thought of him leaving you again. It would break you, you knew it. But you both couldn't stay here forever. Besides, if you had to eat another bowl of fricking cereal you were gonna lose your shit anyway.

When you woke up you did feel better. You had energy. You didn't feel sick. You didn't have anymore nightmares. Zack was already awake looking down at you.

"You OK?"

"Mmm hmm" you snuggled back down into his chest.

"I meant what I said... we need to go" he sounded off.

"I know" you sounded defeated.

You didn't want to cry. But you did anyway. Emotions were overwhelming you more than ever recently. Zack pulled you closer to him and let you cry it out. You didn't have anymore words so you let your actions speak for you and had sweet sex. It was emotionally charged and so gentle. It made you cry even harder afterwards. The thought of it being the very last time just broke your heart. Zack was feeling the same but he stayed strong for you. He was determined, no matter what, he would save you. And with how you are right now it needed to be sooner rather than later.

Afterwards you both got ready and headed towards the elevator. You were silently saying goodbye to everything. Zack didn't say anything. In fact you two barely said anything at all since waking up. You didn't need to. It was written all over your faces.

Just before the elevator Zack sighed.

"Alright enough of this. We're getting the fuck outta here! Game faces on LN!"

You looked up at him. He was trying. You made the effort too. You wiped your face of escaped tears.

"Fuck yeah!"

"Fuck yeah!!"

You smashed the elevator button and grinned at each other.

When the elevator arrived neither of your could press B1. You both just stared at it.

You looked at Zack again. He was already looking at you.

"No matter what happens. No matter how this goes down. Promise me you'll live this time YN. No more death wishes, yeah?"

What? Why would he say that?

"Then promise me you'll survive"

"I can't- can't do that. There's a chance I might not. But both me and Danny are determined for you to make it. So I know you will. And you need to this time, please. Please? For me?" It's not just about you or me anymore, he wanted to say but didn't.

Why was he saying this?

"YN please, I'm beggin' ya, this is really important, I need to know you won't go doin' somethin' stupid if I don't make it"

You shook your head. Shit. The emotions. The nausea. All rushing back in one. You had to close your eyes to hold it together. You didn't have much time. If you were going to get out of here it needed to be now.

"Fine." You hit B1.

The elevator rumbled and moved up. You could barely hold it together. This was the first time feeling sick in the day. Zack was saying some fucked up shit though. Before you could think anymore, the doors opened and the elevator was flooded with a flickering rainbow of lights. The cathedral.

You walked out. Zack followed. You looked at him. "Do you recognise this place?"

"Nope. You?"

"We've been here before."

"Don't remember it."

You walked towards the organ. "You really don't remember?"

Zack shrugged.

"That's a shame..." You let your fingers move across the keys "it was definitely worth remembering..."

"Is that right?" Zack smirked and raised an eyebrow at you.

"YN you expect too much from him. He's a psychotic imbecile. Nothing more"

Danny. So this was it. Time to determine who was getting out.